• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

what intake/carb will fit without having to mod the hood?

digmy76

I am looking at getting a Weiand Stealth intake and a Holley carb (of some kind) to replace my stock 2bbl setup on my 302. Will that fit without having to do any mods to the hood. Which Holley should I go with for that setup? I am looking for affordability and performance for a built up 302 that will only be off road about 15%-20% of the time. I would prefer that it be really fast (not top end power....but acceleration ;D)

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
8) 8) 8) A stock 4V will clear ok on eather 302 or 351W other wise DON'T get a high rise it wont clear other than that good luck. ;D ;D ;D Bill 8) ::) :p

OP
OP
digmy76

digmy76

Sorry, but I don't know what that means? Does that mean that a Weiand stealth and Holley 4bbl will fit? Help, I need to order these tomorrow in order to be ready for the East Coast Bronco get together! :eek:

flint_knapper

BRONCO GOD
Loc.
Harvest, AL
I have an edelbrock performer dual plane intake
and an edelbrock (at the moment ) along with the
low profile air cleaner. no problem with hood. the holley
should fit just as good.

OP
OP
digmy76

digmy76

Flint_Knapper, is the Weiand the same size as the Edelbrock you are running?

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
It will clear just fine. You get a problem when you have a Victor Jr. and a 351W block. The height is just insane on those....a 302 with a reasonable manifold will fit fine.