• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

what is best size/brand carb for my 302?

mauibronco

Hi.

I have a newly restored bronco with a fuel injection that does not want to work. sadly i need to take it off and swap on a manifold and carb. Any suggestions as to what size carb and brand would work best for me would be greatly appretiated!

302 with GT40 heads and e303 cam used as daily driver/ very mild 4 wheeling

thank you!!!

ronnie90

Loc.
las cruces
If you are only into mild wheeling Edelbrocks work great. I have a 500 and a 600. For some reason the 500 just works better all around. I got the 600 cheap thinking it would be an upgrade but went right back to the 500. works great on the street and fine off road until you get to serious inclines then it doesn't run quite as smooth.

fmcpeters

I like the Holley Truck Avenger, mix of oppinions on which one, some prefer the 470, I prefer the 670. I had to play with the 670 to get it where I wanted but once there it runs great.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
I just put an Autolite 4100 on mine and it has never run better....X2 on pony carbs...

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
Anything around 600cfm unless the motor is built up I like Edelbrock if it a street queen still don't have enough time off road to say how well it works out their. I think if I have problems then I will go with a road demon. The thing I like about the Edelbrock is ease of adjustment and the Avs series has adjustable secondarys much nicer then the old ones.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Anything 500 CFM to 600 cfm is fine. I've always had good luck with holley 600 cfm carbs currently running a road demon jr 525 and like it the way it reacts a little better than the 600's. Edlebrocks are good but as was said they are good for the street take them offroad you you can have issues.
Bottom line is that the smaller CFM carbs will be a little more responsive and usually easier to tune. Than the larger CFM carbs.