• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What is this worth? Picture Link.

Diego

70 Bronco, 302, 3 on the tree, uncut, minor damage to driver side rear corner. Any help/advice is appreciated!!

showphoto.php

Last edited:

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
You're really not giving us much to go on. Could be worth $2,000 to $10,000 depending on rust, condition of engine, options, etc....

FWIW: I bought my bone stock uncut '68 with rusty floorboards, rusty inner fenders, straight six, three on a tree, for $2,000 and feel like I got an awesome deal.

OP
OP
Diego

Diego

No rust, absolutely none, all the common rust areas check out perfectly with no rust. Engine runs perfectly, sounds good.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Looks like rust on the damaged rear driver quarter... PS, PB? Any other add-ons? Would have to confirm 'rust-free' and check under the hood but --depending on the damage to the rear quarter...could be $3-8K. If the interior and everything is really clean...maybe $9 or 10K...but it doesnt look to be from the pic...not that they always do justice.

OP
OP
Diego

Diego

NO PS or PB, pretty much as stock as you can get, which is nice. That rear corner has surface rust but nothing cancerous. That is the worst part (surface) rust wise. The interior is clean, has the orginial floor matting, which I thought was pretty cool. I think it might be a nice find, but wanted to see what you guys/gals thought first. Thanks to those who responded, I appreciate it.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
It's got the incredibly rare rocker panel chrome trim. Worth a couple hundred dollars by itself. Based on your description of no rust and a good running engine I'd say $8,000 would be a fair price.

OP
OP
Diego

Diego

thegreatjustino... I remember your name from a Craigslist post. Did you ever sell your Bronco?

Znavgtr

Loc.
Nipomo, CA
Hmm.
I'd say about 8k to 10k.
I'm from Cali and ended up buying a '75 Ranger, uncut, no rust, from the original owner in Oregon for a little over 10K at the end of Nov.'07. I think I got a good deal after looking everyday for about 6 months. The original interior is about a 9 out of 10. Always garged so no cracks in the dash pad and the seats look almost new with the original houndstooth inserts. The engine and tranny could use a rebuild, but everything works including the heater.
Check my gallery pics.

OP
OP
Diego

Diego

I checked out your gallery... very nice!! I think you're 6 months of hard work searching paid off, nice rig Paul!

Znavgtr

Loc.
Nipomo, CA
Thanks!
I kept looking until I found the right one for me. You just know it when you see it (gut instinct). I wish you the same luck I had.

I looked at pics from thegreatjustino's blue Bronco which was nice and came close, but it was just not for me.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
thegreatjustino... I remember your name from a Craigslist post. Did you ever sell your Bronco?

Nope, still trying to get rid of the '74. I've received close to 60 e-mails from tire kickers on craigslist. I've only met two or three serious buyers and none have ended up buying it for one reason or another.