• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What is your favorite thing (original or modified) about your Bronco?

AC932

Contributor
The 3-on-the-tree. Dunno why, but I really enjoy driving it. All the fun of a manual, but basically none of the shifting/ thinking since you're nearly always in third.

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I agree - The 3-On-The-Tree Column shift is up there. Leave the keys in it. NO ONE will know how to drive it, much less know what the 3rd Pedal is for.....

Lots of character in these old trucks. Maybe see another one around here every couple months. Jeeps are everywhere and I have gotten many Thumbs Up from their drivers as well.

OP
OP
kat

kat

Loc.
Bristol
There are 2 things that are "not original" but were there as long as I can remember. My uncle mounted an altimeter on the ash tray. The Bronco spent most of its early life in the 4 corner states, so I guess it was used with maps when he was off-road to identify his location. The second item was a hand blown peace sign shift knob on the PTO, if you knew him you'd understand. When I restored the Bronco, those 2 things were were placed back to their rightful locations.

Very cool

dougyounger

Contributor
My favorite thing is that I own one! (28 years now).

Even in it's rough, stock, rusted, barely any paint, runs just well enough to get me down the road, it still draws a lot of attention.

With the COVID issues, our small town has had several cruise nights. My wife and I were able to take my Bronco out topless to the last one. I was getting as many waves, looks and thumbs up as the nicest vehicles. When we see people looking or waving, I just tell my wife; "EVERYBODY loves the Bronco!". To which she just shakes her head.

Someday, mine will get the attention it deserves and be brought back to a better condition. But for now, I'll just enjoy it the way it is.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Lets face it, there are some beautiful Bronco's on this site. From highly modified to bone stock. From the 'can't hide money' crowd to the 'saving up for valve covers' crowd. Just thought I would see what one thing that you love about your ride.
Mine would have to be the hood/fender lines profile you see while in the cab driving down the road...something about those little 'bumps' on the fenders that put a smile on my face.

Was ready to take off road soon as I got it

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
The 3-on-the-tree. Dunno why, but I really enjoy driving it. All the fun of a manual, but basically none of the shifting/ thinking since you're nearly always in third.

a great feeling sometimes driving a classic w/the old standard method Not a whole lot can these days

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Its taken me places i would have never been to, places i would like to go back to and places i should never have gone to. Its just the perfect truck and size.

and at those places, got to meet lots of great folks, put faces to names and make a lot of great new friends..

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
off topic? not ona "chat"

Yes it is, only thing I changed was moving the shift from the column to the floot.
Originally Posted by Remos69 View Post
...shift knob on the PTO...
No, Sorry, talkin bout the PTO. I C them come up by "the passenger's left heel" rather than 'on the hump'. Just wondering if its a Konig or something a lill different?
Sounds like it was there when U acquired the rig...

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
There is not one individual thing on the bronco that makes me love it. I think it is the overall combination of all its parts.
The simple yet graceful shape of the body. The simple function of all the mechanical parts of the truck. The direct connection to the road or trail when driving it. And the sound of the small block ford under the hood. And a little of the nostalgia of a simpler time when you could disconnect from the world, actually work on your own truck, and just drive.

Last edited:

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
They are all "limited edition" now. That, and all of the awesome mostly like-minded other limited edition owners out there.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
favorite? that it paid for all the mods, gas, insurance, registration, etc itself and was basically a free vehicle to my own use. The workman-like manner it took on all the deep woods tasks w/out difficulty and now, like myself, is ready for a new life in retirement. An excellent partner for 38 yrs...?

Spaggyroe

My ABSOLUTE favorite thing(s), are the comments I get from random people.

Things such as...
"I've always been a die hard Chevy / Jeep / Dodge / Etc guy, but that Bronco is just cool"!
or
"I've always hated Fords, but I'll make an exception for that".

😂

Timstrk

The giggle factor. Everywhere you go it turns heads and always the "want to sell it?" offers. The body look choices. Full top (2), half cab, bikini top, door inserts. Capability. Locked front and back and it gets to McDonald's for shakes with ease. Mine gets about 1K miles/yr and enjoys pampered toy status. Three other cars in the fleet and the Bronco is garaged.

Justin Palmer

Contributor
Probably that it was a one female owner prior to my ownership and she kept all the original paperwork from day one. Oh…….rust free is always a plus!!

Attachments

• A97C0CA9-0A33-40D3-BD89-6FC4EA6C73BF.jpeg
    A97C0CA9-0A33-40D3-BD89-6FC4EA6C73BF.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 7624C14A-128B-4599-8BE4-4AA50576C3AD.jpeg
    7624C14A-128B-4599-8BE4-4AA50576C3AD.jpeg
    246.4 KB · Views: 29

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Based on 44 years plus of owning the same Bronco I like that they appear to be immortal yet still do what I originally got it for on trails in the mountains and just daily around town stuff, yet can be taken to the car show as some sort of exotic.
PS: They are also the ultimate "green vehicle" as they are recycled from a time long ago. No carbon was spent manufacturing this vehicle for 40 to 50 years.

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I love the stealth winch on mine because I REALLY love the look of a classic Bronco and it's not hidden by an aftermarket bumper and winch.

Also I'm still amazed it took 2nd place at a "Peoples Choice" event that had over a thousand cars that day! First was a new Ford GT, then the Bronco, and third went to a Dodge Viper!:rolleyes:
😁

Attachments

• 66 by eddie.jpeg
    66 by eddie.jpeg
    182.2 KB · Views: 41
  • pc.jpg
    pc.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 39
  • pc1.jpg
    pc1.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 41