• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What Is Your Favorite Tire?

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
For on- & off-road, the BFG AT T/A KO is hard to beat. For off-road only, it depends on where & how you drive. I just bought Remington ATs today because they were cheap & I was in a rush. I don't expect much from them, but maybe they'll surprise me.

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
BFG KM2's. I've ran the origional KM and I like the 2 better, better road manners and quieter, but seems to do as well or better offroad. BFG also seem to outlast any other tire i've ever tried, for the money BFG.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
FWIW, I've gotten all my BFG's used. Just keep an eye on craigslist. Picked up my current set of 32x11.50r15 with 75% tread left for $150

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
BFG Mud terrains for a combo rig All terrains for a street rig they wear great and are tough on the trails. I have almost 50,000 miles on a set of ATs on my Superduty and they still have enough tread to get me through to next summer!

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
The best tire I have ever used for my Bronco has been the BFG MT KM2's . My Bronco is a street and trail rig. Last summer put on over 8000 miles traveling across country in many weather conditions and four wheeled in three different states (Virginia, Colorado, and Utah). Tire size is 35 X 12.50 X 15 on an 8" rim.

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If you are going to drive much on road then the BFG's are hard to beat but for the area I live in this is the tire I use offroad, a Gateway buckshot mudder bi-ply in a p78x15

Attachments

• abuckshotmudder_008.jpg
    abuckshotmudder_008.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 22

Fitz24

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I just went through this same exercise a couple of months ago. After all the recommendations I ended up going with some 36" TSL's bias. So far they are good on the road and great off road. I couldn't make up my mind so I went for the lower cost to start. So far I think they are a pretty good tire.

itsabronco

Loc.
Banning, CA.
bfg tires seem to be pricey everywhere i look, what is the best know off of the bfg mt?

BFG's are pricey but they last a heck of alot longer than the others. I have the BFG AT's on my bronco 33 12.50 15's, only abaout 5000 miles on them and on my fullsize dodge 2500 4x4 37 12.50 17's with 42000 miles on them, and counting, and yes I do go out wheelin in the dodge and it ways alittle over 7000 LBS. Im a firm believer in the BFG AT's

Louie

Bronco Guru
BFG KM2's. I've ran the origional KM and I like the 2 better, better road manners and quieter, but seems to do as well or better offroad. BFG also seem to outlast any other tire i've ever tried, for the money BFG.

X10. I've had the original KMs, ATs & a couple sets of MTRs. The KM2s are better :cool:

OP
OP
cody72sport

cody72sport

my brother and i would get stuck alot in sand with bfg at's in 31 10.50.....would the 12.50 get more traction?