• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What Roll Cage Is Everyone Running?

wilson

NeverSatisfied said:
I run complete offroad's family cage. It's a great unit, I've got pictures of it in my gallery. Great price for a top notch cage and the front and main hoop tie in kits are great

I've got that one also, can't say enough good things about Mike. Also he's only 300 miles from me ;D

honkey84

Loc.
ILL
I run a Complete Offroad cage and I paid $600 for mine. Its nice living clost to a guy that does this stuff. Also Mike and his wife are great people!! I will be going on a run with him in August. Here is a pic of my cage. I will be putting in so more bars and tieing it into the frame also.

Attachments

• Picture 112.jpg
    Picture 112.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 106

crab

Bronco Guru
Here are some close ups of the CRAB cage in one of my bronco's. Notice the head clearance. The cage follows the top of the door opening with in 1/2". Having the center main hoop bent backwards allows for more head room as well as the center spreaders bent up out of the way. Tillamook Forest mud is extra :)

Attachments

• cageA.jpg
    cageA.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 64
  • cageB.jpg
    cageB.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 82
  • cageC.jpg
    cageC.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 68
  • cageD.jpg
    cageD.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 63
  • cageE.jpg
    cageE.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 62

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Crab, looks good! any photos with the top down?
I like yours, Complete Off Road's cage, and BC's Halo cage.
I'm getting one for warm weather and my hard top is coming off for the summer, I gotta protect my little one (3 years old)

crab

Bronco Guru
Mark Troy said:
Crab, looks good! any photos with the top down?
I like yours, Complete Off Road's cage, and BC's Halo cage.
I'm getting one for warm weather and my hard top is coming off for the summer, I gotta protect my little one (3 years old)
I'll be removing the top tomorrow and get a few pics of the cage

68ford

Bronco Guru
man, how many hours of just welding does it take to complete one of those? do you offer a mig welded version for less money?

68ford

Bronco Guru
it might not have a market, but have you ever done a cage that goes behind the dash with the dash moved like 2in out from body? that would look real clean i think, keep it real tight against the window pillars and it would eliminate all the isues but the e-brake one.

crab

Bronco Guru
68ford said:
man, how many hours of just welding does it take to complete one of those? do you offer a mig welded version for less money?
If you are talking about our cage, our welder can do a cage in about 2 hours for a basic cage with 22 welds. However we have had cages with over 50 welds. Sorry, no mig welding here.
Crab

crab

Bronco Guru
68ford said:
it might not have a market, but have you ever done a cage that goes behind the dash with the dash moved like 2in out from body? that would look real clean i think, keep it real tight against the window pillars and it would eliminate all the isues but the e-brake one.
I'm trying to understand what the heck you're talking about. We have bent the dash bar in hugging the windshield frame. Is that what you meant?
As I have mentioned in the past, our cages are custom per order limited only by your wallet :-X

crab

Bronco Guru
HotWheels said:
crabby crabby crabby....hook me up... :p
We're going to donate a cage at SOB this year. That may be your best bet. Or just start sending Franklins and I'll tell you when to stop ;)

doghows72

Bronco Guru
I had a chance to see these cages close up this last weekend in Tilamook. They are awesome. I hope to do some work with these guys in the future, as well as get one of those into my truck.
They are as tough as they look. Keep up the good work Crab...
Steve H. :cool:

68ford

Bronco Guru
crab said:
I'm trying to understand what the heck you're talking about. We have bent the dash bar in hugging the windshield frame. Is that what you meant?
As I have mentioned in the past, our cages are custom per order limited only by your wallet :-X
running down about 1/4 of an inch from window frame,then down the back side of the dash. wouldnt be able to see the cross bar behind the dash. ill try to post pics, wont be of broncos sorry.
ss_inside_pass.jpg

ss_inside_driver_door.jpg

53.jpg

50.jpg

basically move the dash out away from the firewall and mount the dsah to the cage.

crab

Bronco Guru
68ford said:
running down about 1/4 of an inch from window frame,then down the back side of the dash. wouldnt be able to see the cross bar behind the dash. ill try to post pics, wont be of broncos sorry.
ss_inside_pass.jpg

ss_inside_driver_door.jpg

53.jpg

50.jpg

basically move the dash out away from the firewall and mount the dsah to the cage.
I've been a custom home builder on the Oregon coast for over 15 years. I'm used to people coming up with some pretty outlandish ideas but have never said "it can't be done". Of coarse the word "budget" is not part of my vocabulary :-X
Crab

BigO

Hey Rob,

Is my cage close to being finished. Looking at them on this site is really getting me excited to get it installed in my Bronco. Thanks.

Oscar

68ford

Bronco Guru
dusty's is nice, thtas like what im talking about, except no cutting of the dash because it will be closer to you, bolted to the cage.have the cross bar be behind the dash just below it so you could see the top of the cross bar behind th defrost ducts and that bar would fill the gap from moving the dash out.