• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What should I buy 33's or 35's street Bronco with 3:50 gears

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:cry::cry::cry: I would say don't go over 31" tires with that gear set up. 4:11's and 33's work good good luck with your choice.:-[:-[:-[ Bill :p:cool:;D

mudwisr2

Loc.
Memphis, TN
I've run 32" tires on 4.11's for years and my dad ran them on the same bronco since he bought it new in 77. It has the 3spd manual. Fairly good on road but screams at highway speeds and needs 4LO in the thick mud.

Current project is 77 auto with 3.5" suspension, 3.50s and 35" tires. Haven't driven it on the road yet but know I'm going to want to regear.

bearskinner

Loc.
N.Idaho, AK, SoCal
I run 35" tires with a 3.5 suspension lift and 1" body lift, and I can drive it in my garage, with about 1 1/2" clearance (standard 7' door opening) I also had 3.50's, and it was geared way too tall, so changing out to 4.56 now, which should be perfect. If you want a large tire look, dont go wimpy! 35's are not that big anyway