• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What should I do??

frdbronco73

I am having trouble with what i should do next. Should i put on a chevy front disc brake conversion. Or should I add hydroboost and add the disc later. Im kinda stuck in the middle.
CJ

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I think I would do the disk upgrade first and add hydroboost later.

moneypit77

Loc.
forks, WA
I vote disks first I just put new rotors, calipers, pads, mc, pro vave, and upgraded to power on my 77 and it stops great (31's).

OP
OP
F

frdbronco73

I am going to be running 33's. will the disks stop it for a while until i save the money for the hydroboost.

moneypit77

Loc.
forks, WA
I had a 79 years ago with 33's and it stoped fine they are alot heavier and they use all the same disk components as the 76-77's. as for the upgrade kits I dont know how well they work but I would assume that they would be at least as good as a stock 76-77 maybe even better.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Upgrade the 4 corners first, then you will be ready for the hydro boost when you find one. It should stop just fine.

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
Definately front disks first. You will be surprised how well it stops set up properly even with out a power booster of any kind.

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
Yup, another vote for frt disks first, then other upgrades as needed/affordable. I put the frt disks on my '73 and even with a bad vaccum booster the difference was amazing. Stripped the power assist setup & went back to stock '73 MC and they still worked great. I recently put BC's power booster on it and they're better than ever. Though about going w/rear disks too, and hydroboost, but I think the brakes are great now, so I'm funneling resources into other areas.

Skipdevil

Loc.
San Diego
Disks first is the only smart option. I run the Cheby conversion and love it. Best life insurance I have ever bought.