• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What should I spend my gift certificate on?

Orange Crush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Maryland
Last edited:

70_Steve

Old Guy
I have the same problem. I won a $25 gift certificate to a national 4WD vendor, and all their prices are $25 or more higher than everyone else. I hate to throw away $25, but not if it costs me more!

Also, it's only good at the local store, so that's about $15 in gas for me...

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
You have to shop carefully at AutoKrafters. They are high on some items, but reasonable on others. Take into account shipping charges. Stuff that they sell from other vendors like Duff's is always higher. I agree, not that price for Warn hubs, Advance store has them cheaper than ordering.

OP
OP
Orange Crush

Orange Crush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Maryland
You know, I hate to call out a vendor, especially one who donated to the MEB event. Maybe I should have expressed myself more like 70 Steve did. I realize that Warn hubs can be purchased locally, and it wasn't until I searched for other items I need (i.e. Hi-Lift jack, Tuffy glove box & console) that I searched for the hubs. I understand that they have to charge whatever it is they have to charge in order to make a profit, but $50 higher than another vendor (on an $89 item mind you) is downright ridiculous. I wonder what their cost is on these.

If anybody has any suggestions on reasonably priced items with them, please let me know, even if it's hardware. I need a lot of stuff.

Thanks,
Bob

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
Inner rockers and front fenders are 2 items they have cheaper than JBG, but that does not mean they are the same quality. I need some sheet metal and would like to avoid shipping costs. They are close enough for me to drive up and see if the stuff is worth buying soon as I compile a complete list.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Always win the odd prize don't it seem like. :( good luck with your decision sir

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
Sell it to someone here for $15-$20 and be done with it.
Trying to spend that is gonna cost you much,much more.

Pearlcoat

Bronco Guru
Be sure to call ahead to see if they stock the items you're interested in if you're going to visit there.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Think of your gift certificate as "free Shipping" Buy what you want and get free shipping? Good luck.