• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What size lift for my everyday driver project?

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Been toying with what size lift to go with for my '70 everyday driver project.Going back Boxwood Green Paint. Has 4.11 gears and 3 speed on the floor so I am 100% going with the 33 x 12.50's plus I already have them and don't want to buy new tires. No body lift either. I just want something to tool around in from A to B. No four wheelin' or anything like that. I'll use the trail rig for that. I have 3 pics...one with stock coils, the second is 2.5" lift and the third pic is about 3.5" lift. Let me know what ya think. Mostly going for looks on this one. Thanks,

Blue71

Attachments

• 100MEDIA_IMAG0363.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0363.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 69
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0365.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0365.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0366.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0366.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 71

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
I would say the 2.5 inch lift. You still have the worry about high speed, emergency maneuver roll over, so keeping it lower is better. Anyway, that is what crossed my mind when I 2.5'd mine. Also, easier to climb in and out of.

From a pure aesthetic stand point. I do like the look of the 3.5 inch lift better.

my 2c.

mortimersnerd

I'd keep it stock height and trim metal. If you don't want to trim a 2.5" would do the trick. Seems like a body lift might also be a good option. Cheap and would have the advantages of lower CG and stock suspension geometry.

OP
OP
Blue71

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the input guys...keep'em comin'

Blue71

yak67

Bronco Guru
I'd go with the 2.5", I've had that on mine with 32s for a semi-daily driver and have loved the way it has handled, not tippy or anything, but still looks like it has a lift.