• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

what transmission fluid do i run in freshly built c4

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
what do i need to run in my c4 just built fixing to paint that puppy and put in with the new 5.0

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
Type F, unless the rebuilder recommends different. If you go against his instructions it'll void the warranty. Most rebuilders will tell you type F.

fordtrucks4ever

Bronco Guru
Loc.
DFW
I am thinking about 12 quarts. The Bronco only pan holds a little more than on cars and light trucks.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Not necessarily type F.
When rebuilt with all new friction parts, the asbestos pads replaced, you can put in anything.
You are not restricted to type F.

Dexron can tolerate a higher temperature, so may be preferable.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
got in touch with the builder he said dexron II so......

Nova

Trans Fluid

I put Amsoil synthetic trans in mine after the rebuild and it runs great.

Catfish76

The Type F Is For The Older 60s Modles,you Need To Run Dextron 111 Mercon Is What That Year Modle Calls For .it Is A New Fulid That Out Last Any Type F .you Are Safe Run It!

okorangebrnco

Bronco Guru
AmsOil Automatic Trans fluid is in mine. Transbuilder did it for free, said he puts it in everything! although I am sure the price is built into the rebuild cost.