• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What would cause it to diesel

MonsterBIlly

I have a newer 408. Runs well other than a slight miss while accelerating. This just recently started. I am running a sniper efi. All I can think of is the timing may be off. Could a vacuum leak cause this.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You most likely have a leaking fuel injector if it just started. Could also explain miss on accel. Fuel pressure check at sniper after shutdown and see if it leaks down.

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
Could also be plugs are too hot of a temperature range. Have you pulled them to look at where the strap is burning?

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
MonsterBIlly

MonsterBIlly

I have not checked my plugs. I will pull a couple later today and check them out.

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
Vacuum leak?? Whats your idle speed ? Whats your base timing set at..engine temp overheating?

assuming you have 4r70w you can shut it off in Drive see if that stops the run on...

the Miss could be ignition issue..maybe needs more fine tuning of the sniper efi?