• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What's it worth? 1977 351w C4 PB/PS 12k winch

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thinking about selling the bronco, and wanted to get some opinions from you guys on what you think I could get for it.

1977 Cut
Speedo reads
351w reman with ~1,000 miles on it
Serpentine setup
Power Steering
Power Brakes
C4 rebuilt with mild shift kit, ~500 miles(Nationwide rebuild)
1" body lift
Full kayline soft top with riser, not in good shape
Stock front seats
Expedition middle center rear seats(integrated shoulder belt and Latch system + foldable)
Stock rear tank
Carter P4070 electric fuel pump
Motorcraft 2150 carb
BF Goodrich A/T 32x11.50R15 on fullsize bronco aluminum 15x8 wheels
Prerunner front bumper
MileMarker SE12000 12,000lb winch
New windshield and gasket
Cherokee wiper swap
All lights work
Original spare tire carrier
Original dash pad in good shape
Diamond plate bed rails
1.5" wheel spacers in front
2" wheel spacers in rear

Extras, not installed:
Gear Gawker for the transfer case
Tom's 6 point family roll cage
nearly complete mustang EFI with intakes and BCB 351w adapter and throttle/kickdown cables
New full length soft top with new riser
5.5" suspension lift
spare t-case
original fender cutouts(to make back into an uncut)
2150 carb for parts
Hood gas struts
4 1981 Fullsize aluminum wheels
5 stock steel wheels
8 stock hub caps
Rear inside quarter panel covers, bare masonite
Tilt column
Galvanized aux tank
1" wheels spacers for the front

The bad:
it was in a collision at the front passenger side at some point. It has been repaired and you can not tell it was hit without lifting the hood. It tracks straight and looks straight.

There is body filler on the rear quarters where the lower and upper quarters meet, obvious rust repair.

The hood has a crack at front lip, but it doesn't seem to be spreading in the years I've had it.

There is a piece of diamond plate steel welded into the body between the bed and front floorboards, rust repair.

The speedo is not accurate(bounces and generally reads wrong, not a speedo gear problem)

Driver's door is rusting in the front bottom corner, not bad, but has some through holes.

Front floorboards were welded over the old ones.

Bedliner is peeling from front floorboards.

2bd5db70.jpg

def8a148.jpg

e3190c79.jpg

P1000440.jpg

swampu

Loc.
Biloxi
Mine went up to 3k. I paid more than that for the lift and axles a year ago. Yours looks a lot better but I wouldn't expect more than 10k.
P7220141.jpg

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Overall looks it may bring $10K. Of course when you consider the rust factor then it brings the price down for me. I'd start out high as you want see if anyone bites. Heck people have paid $30K for worse.

Broncmeister

wow man I guess location must be a big factor, because where I live 10K for that bronco is a steal. I was trying to buy this one for parts but the guy wouldn't budge from 6500:

2a7wrdh.jpg
6nz5hh.jpg

2e2gjnt.jpg

swampu

Loc.
Biloxi
That patchwork job looks like a good deal at 5 or 6 just because of the lack of rust.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Location can be a factor but in todays world people can buy just about anything from anywhere. Im jaded as I see rust free or nearly rust broncos all the time. One other thing to consider is some of the areas that were listed as rusted and most likely bodywork is covering the rust in other areas.
It can be pretty tough to make judgements from pictures.

Oildog

Loc.
AJ
Don't sell it... You'll regret it! Sold my "wife's" half cab a few years back and have regretted it to this day!

wheelsblank27

Loc.
Dang, 6500 for that pos... Its still a bronco so I can see why the guy thinks its worth somethin but I payed 5k for mine and I was thinking I payed too much

40767768-ECC4-4AA7-ACE5-415EA5AB857F-2770-000002A35590EB3A.jpg

KOBALTBLUE

Loc.
Daphne,Al
Mine went up to 3k. I paid more than that for the lift and axles a year ago. Yours looks a lot better but I wouldn't expect more than 10k.
P7220141.jpg

I was the 3000.00 bidder, Hint.........MORE PIX'S

No ones gonna bid on something they cant see 4 pictures doesnt cut it hell you paid for it why not use it, I never understood why people put vehicles up for sale and only put a few pictures in.

swampu

Loc.
Biloxi
I only had four pictures when I initially put it up for sale. I took a bunch of the engine compartment and interior but I never got any request for them. I've sold boats before on ebay and I seem to make a better connection with the buyer when they ask for pictures. Sometime pictures don't tell the whole story. Your right though I should have made a better presentation. Maybe my subconscience didn't want me to sell it. I just need to start using it more. Did you find one?

swampu

Loc.
Biloxi
Come over and check it out. My needs are changing. I bought a different off road rig so I'm thinking about going though the body and make it a cruiser.

KOBALTBLUE

Loc.
Daphne,Al
Is a running driving rig?The million dollar question what you looking to get out of it? (PM me ) Dont know the rules about talking price on here))