• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Whats it worth ?

tasthree

Loc.
western NC
Heres another whats it worth question. Sorry for long winded but here it goes. One of my Dads best friend has reciently passed away. He had a 68 Bronco that my Dad thinks he bought new. My childhood memory starts after the Bronco was all ready around. I live 500 miles from it and haven't seen it for many years. When I'd visit back home I always teased him on when was he going to sell me the old heap. My dad is over 70yrs old and isn't much help figuring out its condition. All I know and can say is its in Ohio,been kept in a garage for as long as I can remember(with a radio playing so it wouldn't get lonly),hasn't been driven much if any for years and years,had major work done on the 6cyl engine maybe compleatly replaced around 1980,its uncut and was repainted the factory light blue approx 15 yrs ago with possible fiberglass work done on the floorpans. The daughter (lives in Oregon)who is in charge of the estate and who I'm in contact with now said all it needs is a battery. Ya right. Going thru my Dad they offered it to me for what a appraiser priced it at which was a very good price but they needed a decision right away. I got the Daughters # from Dad. I called her that night and told her yes. The very next mourning I had a e-mail from her stating they will have to put off the sale till May 1st. She said she needed to talk some things over with and to honor her brothers wishes. I haven't been able to contact anyone to figure out whats going on?:?. If buy chance the brothers get greedy and want more mony and based upon the info I have at hand what is a reasonable price for this 68 ? I have a story with this Bronco and would like to have it but money is tight and there is always something else that needs to be done.
I currently have a 71 I've had for 16yrs and do all the work and mods on it myself so I know my way around A Bronco. My 71 is built deciently for my off-roading purposes so the 68 would be built for the wife and daughter's DD. Which means at least power steering and brakes. The three on the tree would be bother some. Maybe a 3spd shifter on the floor or I have a 465 as a spare for what I put in my 71. Annnnnd they don't like the color:p. What say you? Thanks

EagertoLearn

Loc.
Harrisville
I am in Ohio and would go look at it for you. Let me know if you need my help. I can take pictures with my phone and send them to you right away. I am in NE Ohio daily.

Hopefully you get it...

OP
OP
tasthree

tasthree

Loc.
western NC
Thanks eagertolearn. I don't think the family would let a complete stranger on the property to look at it. If worst comes to worst I have a uncle who lives near them who is a autobody man that I could prob get to go look at it for me. But he is kinda like the keeps the score type. So I always feel like I owe him something. I just want a general idea of a value on this thing.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I think you could be all over the board in terms of prices. What did they quote you?

A 68 in really "unknown" condition that has been sitting for years could be worth $10,000 or $500 depending on what it needs.

Being in Ohio, unless it was stored in a climate controlled garage - its been exposed to hot humid temps as well as below zero winters and will most likely need new seals, tires, weatherstripping and all other "wear" items you can think of. Could need another engine rebuild or at least a carb rebuild. If moisture got in there the carpet could be shot, interior could be moldy, etc, etc.

Oh and FWIW - I love those sky blue/baby blue broncos! White vinyl interior, set of polished slots....purdy!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I think you could be all over the board in terms of prices. What did they quote you?

I would agree... Guess there's no way to get pics huh

Definitely get the uncle to go check it out

OP
OP
tasthree

tasthree

Loc.
western NC
Not to put the kabookie on myself but they told my Dad $650. At that price I figured I didn't need to know much more. My dad was going to visit me before a surgury he has at the beginning of next month. So he was going to do a one way U-haul rental and bring it to me which was going to cost about $150. I don't know what is going on with them and why the sudden change.Daughter didn't answer phone or reply to email yet. I guess I'm going to have to wait a bit till they get back with me or something. I don't want to get pushy considering the situation. I want to remain respectful to our friend.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Yeah understandable.. If it's close to that price, I'd say jump on it too

OP
OP
tasthree

tasthree

Loc.
western NC
Well got a email from the daughter. In short after she talked to me she called the two brothers (ones autistic like and the other bum like)who still lives at their Dads house and told them she was going to sell the Bronco to me for $650. I always got along with them but I guess they got upset and wanted some time because they think they could get over $3000 for it. She said she was going to give them a week. To do what I don't know. Sell it out from underneath me ?? I told her to keep me informed and that for me to pay any more for it I would have to know a lot more about it.

OP
OP
tasthree

tasthree

Loc.
western NC
Got a email from daughter last night saying its ours. Wahoo! A new baby in the family. Great just what I really needed. Oh well I'll make due. I'v got a little over a week to get ready for it. Let me see. I need fluids,a cover,a new scrubbie :). Poor thing might get culture shock going from a garage in flat Ohio to being outside in the Mts of NC. First thing I'm gonna do after its check up is take it on a trail on our property and let it flex its wheels ;D.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Awesome - for less than a grand sounds like you got a nice deal. Let us know once you get it home and start going through it - post up some pics too!

OP
OP
tasthree

tasthree

Loc.
western NC
Miffin,muffin,frigging ****. Got home from mailing off check and there was message on answering machine and new emails that the brothers sold it last night with out informing her or giving me a counter chance. Thought it was if someone offered more for it than it was offered to me then I could say yay or nay. Thats the problem with estate stuff. People often pull in different directions. Ya win some and lose some. If someone from here got it it was in Delaware Ohio. From the Kise family. Hope ya choke on a. Never mind Just kidding. Better check all the engine bolts. Cause we were pestering him and were hiding bolts on him when he was working on it around 1980. We used to piss on his tires like a dog too.

OP
OP
tasthree

tasthree

Loc.
western NC
Just found out the Bronco was sold to a nephew under the premise the he wanted it because it was his grandpaws. Turns out he put it right on Ebay with a reserve of over $6000. The daughter got pissed off and didn't want to know if it sold or not. She said she regets me not getting it now even for the lesser price. I tried searching Ebay motors compleated auctions but didn't find it. Anyone recall a Baby bluish 68 on Ebay ?