• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Whats the color code for 1966 Springtime Yellow

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
I've decided to change the color and paint my Sand Beige 66 U13 Springtime Yellow. Can one of you guru's get me the paint code? Thanks!

77Bronco636

I've decided to change the color and paint my Sand Beige 66 U13 Springtime Yellow. Can one of you guru's get me the paint code? Thanks!

Not many Sand Beige roadsters out there!!;)

But I cant argue with you, springtime yellow is my favorite color on a 66!;D

House

Minutia Militia
The old PPG number is 81510.
Maybe someone can cross reference that for you?

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Is This What You Are Talking About?

I couldn't let this tread go with out giving my .02!

I don't know why the vin tag got sprayed blue?!? That's the only blue on the whole rig. The rest is red oxide primer and Springtime Yellow!

Attachments

• '66 U13 002.jpg
    '66 U13 002.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 30
  • '66 U13 004.jpg
    '66 U13 004.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 26
  • '66 U13 007.jpg
    '66 U13 007.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
BajaFresh75

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
Thanks, for the code. I've been on the fence with the color change, I've been wanting a Springtime U13, and I don't think that will hurt the value.

ILikeBond

Just to contribute a little here, I loved the look of Tony's (Psauf) springtime yellow that he sold recently.

Attachments

• DPP_0047.jpg
    DPP_0047.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 29
  • DPP_0021.jpg
    DPP_0021.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 37

77Bronco636

Thanks, for the code. I've been on the fence with the color change, I've been wanting a Springtime U13, and I don't think that will hurt the value.

Chris, it wont hurt the value one bit as long as it is painted another factory 66 color. A Springtime yellow roadster has always been my favorite also. Just remember that Springtime never shows up good in pictures, it just never looks right, but always looks good in person!!!

gritz

Hey Baja can yo post a picture of your Sand Biege U13 that is the factory color on my U13 but it is red now. Thanks

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes, that 8 after the 092 is the 1966 color code for Springtime Yellow. What is the rest of it like?

Hey Scott,
The roadster is in really nice shape, but it was completely disassembled 10 years ago. It is a really solid uncut Bronco with a swapped in V-8, doors, and a top. It has the early hood and eyebrow grille that are also in really nice shape. It seems that the doors were added early in its life because they are '66 doors and were painted Springtime Yellow. The top is not an early top.

This U13 had the chrome bumpers, tail light bezels, and bucket seats. It seems to have originally came from NC. I bought it in SC. The PO said that he originally had the door inserts and the mirror, but they were "stolen" off his carport. All the parts were bagged and tagged and I did find the mirror backing plate.:cry::cry: