• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What's the most expensive EB you've seen bought or sold?

ILikeBond

I was just on the Bronco Graveyard classified site and saw a 66 Bronco advertised for $50,000. It appeared to be a nice 08/1965 production model but $50K?? It got me to wondering, what's the most expensive Bronco anyone's either bought, sold or seen get sold (I don't count ebay unless it could be verified).

In fairness, the $50,000 one is just a listing now, too - no sale yet, so... hard to imagine he'll get that. Ya know, unless that's the super-rare OEM sea turtle hood ornament I spy there.. %) ;D

picture.jpg

Broncology

This one went for $45,000

Anyone know the story on this one? This looks to be the exact same one I have seen in person at the owners (at the time) house in Hiwassee, GA. He had close to 10 broncos at the time when I went down there, I bought one. Did he liquidate his collection. Its a very nice truck.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Anyone know the story on this one? This looks to be the exact same one I have seen in person at the owners (at the time) house in Hiwassee, GA. He had close to 10 broncos at the time when I went down there, I bought one. Did he liquidate his collection. Its a very nice truck.

If you are talking about David Cannon, which I think you are, I believe he did restore it or have it restored. He's had some nice ones.

pharmin06

Yea...David built that bronco and named it "black cherry". lol He sold it to the guy that had it at BJ. I bought my 73' sport with 11,000 miles on it and a 77' frame-off from him in the last year and a half. I just spent a couple of days visiting him. What truck did you buy from him and what did you think of his driveway:eek: ....joey

OP
OP
byson1

byson1

Loc.
Nashville
In fairness, the $50,000 one is just a listing now, too - no sale yet, so... hard to imagine he'll get that. Ya know, unless that's the super-rare OEM sea turtle hood ornament I spy there.. %) ;D

picture.jpg

Well it looks like it's on ebay right now. We'll see how far it goes

Stangfather

Loc.
Oklahoma City
man this is depressing, i had a chance to buy a sweet 72 in HS, for 4500 bucks.

Bright yellow with white top and interior, 3-4 inch lift, old school slots and BFG's mostly stock and only 56k miles or so..

im gonna go cry now.

fordtrucks4ever

Bronco Guru
Loc.
DFW
Barrett-Jackson had one go across the stage for $47000 a few weeks ago in Scottsdale. A 1974 with halfcab, lifted. Announcers were making fun about how it looked like a Tonka toy with short wheelbase and stiiting up so tall. A guy built it up in New Orleans. He had been watching the auction for several years and decided to try selling his. It was nice looking, but no better than some I have seen done right.

clarrance

Bronco Guru
I have seen one that sold for around $125,000. and several in the 25k-35k range. Sold mine for 29k

Sbolt19

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Colorado Springs
Amen to that Mad...I had a guy offer me $10k one time for mine, but that was right after it was painted, 10 years ago. I would be lucky to get 7k now because of rust & economy, but I imagine I have between 12-15k in mine and in no way shape or form could I get it right now.