• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Whats wrong with me?

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I have two broncos, my 67 and the wifes 73. Both are running driving trucks. My 67 is a good all around bronco good off road but yet still fun to drive on the street. My wifes is just a cruiser never been in the dirt since Ive had it but fun to drive on the street. Neither of them are show winners. The 67 is solid and never really had any rust it needs a few things but over all it is the best bronco I have ever had (I have had 6) the wifes is peiced together on a budget and has some really bad repairs done to the floor by the PO that I just left alone when I did the repaint and refresh job on it but its a solid driver.
With all that said I want another bronco sooo bad!! I want one that I can build from the ground up. I started a 73 a few years back but the economy took a dump and I had to sell it. I want a sleeper looking truck, you know looks mild from the out side but has a sweet motor and all the up grades to make it a good driver. I also have zero time and not much more money but I look at the classified adds everday trying to find the one that would be just right! And the sad thing is a have a bunch of parts to put on my 67 that are just sitting there! I know you guys will understand because the wife sure dosent!

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
i don't see anything wrong with you, sounds normal to me

Nightstick

Bronco guy
I think most of us do the same thing hoping that they'll come across that super sweet deal they can't pass up. I have a running trail rig and my other one is still in pieces, yet I peruse the classifieds a few times a week too... I don't know what I'm going to do once the other one is a driver. I suspect I'll probably end up with a third, but it'll for my wife, or at least that's what I'll tell her ;D

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Yep sounds just like myself and my wife there forsure.:cool:

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
It's a sickness and there is no cure. All you can do is buy more to treat the symptoms.;D

Fred

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Nothing a lobotomy won’t fix.
You have a disease it will eventually over come you. No known cure. I have been living with it for 34 years. Some days are worse than others. Be very careful it can lead to hording, at that point society as we know it will shun you and will seek to part you from your treasures. If left unchecked you eventually will end up like Gollum in Lord of the rings trying to protect your precious treasures. The disease will run its course in about 70 years or so. This disease has many versions, Jeep, Scout, Blazer, Toyota and many, many more. At least you have the best form of the disease with some of the best people to share it with. I couldn’t imagine having to live with this being stuck with Jeep people.
Best wishes.
Steve

OP
OP
ep67bro

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Yeh I know others have this same sickness. I have passed on so many good deals over the last 3 years its killing me. This must be what its like to be a crack head with no way to get your fix!

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
I made up my mind last fall to give this up. I'm still on here, still looking at Bronco's for sale. It's like smoking or alcoholism, just taking it one day at a time.

Broncoholic1

Nothing a lobotomy won’t fix.
You have a disease it will eventually over come you. No known cure. I have been living with it for 34 years. Some days are worse than others. Be very careful it can lead to hording, at that point society as we know it will shun you and will seek to part you from your treasures. If left unchecked you eventually will end up like Gollum in Lord of the rings trying to protect your precious treasures. The disease will run its course in about 70 years or so. This disease has many versions, Jeep, Scout, Blazer, Toyota and many, many more. At least you have the best form of the disease with some of the best people to share it with. I couldn’t imagine having to live with this being stuck with Jeep people.
Best wishes.
Steve

OMG Steve so true, started back in 1980 with Jeff Trapp at his moms barn, pretty much got everyone we could afford since. .
I have 4 EB's at this point have had over 200 over the years. Can never pass up a barn find I guess. Oh all the ones we raced to the death.
Trying to finish the 76 Sport so I can get the 74 Explorer in the shop. Then the 69 & the 77, 78, 79 OMG
I have too many bronco';s FSB's almost count.

(Need a Bigger shop)

What makes it worse is... I found an old 69 Scout with a plow on it, Had to get it, then yesterday found a Toyota Land Cruiser for free, not sure of the year, Yet? how does this stuff happen... Just glad it does.

Sure glad I never got caught up in the Jeep F@# Thing...%)
Al-tho there is a 53 Willy's 3B in the lot from somewhere...
How can I fit a 302 in that Jeep. Wait I know 460 = Better.

Some of my Buddies got the Jeep thing & now it hurts when they pee...

Bronc

My Precious....:cool:

bluemonday

Loc.
South Louisiana
Post picture of wife and we will decide if she is worth it. Does she have a job, trust fund, retirement ?? Some things can out way other things. Now don't make any sudden moves until we get all the facts.

1970mule

Bronco Guru
YOUR A SICK MAN, sir you need to releve yourself of your obsession, i will reluctantly take both broncos, just so you can be rid of those demons. It is the least i could do for such a sick sick individual. ;)

OP
OP
ep67bro

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Ha ha, my wife is a cutie and she loves the bronco. Heck the 73 I got and put back together for her. But we have a 8 month old son and three other girls so when its tough to put food on the table it is even harder to spend money on another bronco! But like many others I just cant stop thinking I want another one. I thinkI was happiest when I had two running ones and three others in peices!!

big jim

I have the same problem, i had to borrow some of the money to get my bronco and i'm still working on paying that back. Now in addition to the stuff I want to do to this one I am pretty sure i NEED at least 2 more and my wife just get it. I also have a motorcyce sikness that needs attention. the up side of the bikes is I have like six of them stored in the same amount of space the bronco takes up.