• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wheel Cylinder Question?

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
My brakes on my 73 frame off are a mess. So I was diging through my parts and I found two new wheel cylinders. The problem is they dont have the original boxes anymore so I have no clue what axle or wheel they are for. The two look Identical but they have a different casting number on each one.
One has NB02 the other NA03? They apear to be for the rear passenger side or front drivers side? I would love to use them and save a few bucks any ideas? It appears that the front and rear cylinders are the same but I could be wrong!

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Front cylinders are 1 1/8" bore, rear are 13/16".

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Unless the rears are 15/16" like they are on some EB's (including my '77)...

It's fairly easy to pull the rubber end boots and measure the wheel cylinder bore and/or piston diameter directly, then there isn't any doubt. After that, it's just a matter of determining whether it's a left hand or right hand unit based on the direction that the 3/8-24 SAE port is pointing. You can always check out the pictures of the parts at an online auto parts store if you're still not sure.