• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wheel Cylinder too Big for Backing plate?

LoneRanger

Contributor
Loc.
Gunshine State
Wheel cylinder woes........

I believe these are what I need: Wagner WC80186 (left rear)
Wagner WC80187 (right rear) none of my local shops carry that brand. (Autozone and Advanced)

I got the entire kit from WH, the cylinders do not fit in my backing plates. (they are too large!)

According to Toms Offroad: https://tomsoffroad.com/parts/74-75-ford-bronco-10-inch-rear-drum-brake-rebuild-kit

I need the cylinders in that kit. (my backing plate numbers match what he shows) of course they don't say what those are.... %)

Even though there are a load of threads on similar issues ill be danged if I could find a consistent answer. And you all know how this goes, axle was out of a 67' but is going in my 70 and none of that means a damn thing! ;D

L.R. :cool:

edit: according to this page I found: https://www.currieenterprises.com/9-inch-housing-ends-explained I have a late big bearing rearend. (again who cares as if the backing plate was changed that may not mean much?)

Last edited:

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Those backing plates are for the '74-'75 medium duty, 10" brake, big bearing axle. Should be RAYBESTOS WC37658 and RAYBESTOS WC37648.

OP
OP
LoneRanger

LoneRanger

Contributor
Loc.
Gunshine State
I am guessing that the Car quest Wearever wheel cylider pn: WCA37658 and WCA37648 are the same fitment. Also Napa pn: UP 37658 and UP 37648. As well as O'Reilly's Brake Best pn: WC37658 and WC37648

Trying to track these down today.

L.R.

Last edited: