• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

When did the Graveyard start offering 3 different left front wheel tubs?

76stallion

While fitting up my front clip on my 76 resto this weekend I double checked the fit of my PS booster and my driver side inner wheel tub. only to find that indeed they hit. so I thought I had somthing wrong. I had purchase all af my front clip sheet metal from Jeff's in 04' and just assembling it now (long story). I pulled out my reciept to see if i ordered the correct 1. and indeed it was labled 76-77. So I looked at their web site and now I see they offer 3. The 1 I have is the one pictured for the 73-75. The 1 for 76-77 has the "kink" in the top for room for the booster. DId they always offer this 1? If I recall correctly they only offered 2 when I bought mine. Just wondering. I will probably order the correct 1 for 76-77.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I will have to look, but I don't think I have any 5 year old bronco graveyard catalogs left in the collection. If I do it will be in the archives and not the current stuff on the shelf.

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
I only thought there were 2 different wheel tubs. Pre-76 and 76-77. Where did the 3rd one come in?

My 76 has the factory wheel tub and it had the kink in it.

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
I could be wrong, but I think the pre '72 piece is new. I've been waiting for that. ;D Looks like Jeff has all the bases covered now. :cool:

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
While fitting up my front clip on my 76 resto this weekend I double checked the fit of my PS booster and my driver side inner wheel tub. only to find that indeed they hit. so I thought I had somthing wrong. I had purchase all af my front clip sheet metal from Jeff's in 04' and just assembling it now (long story). I pulled out my reciept to see if i ordered the correct 1. and indeed it was labled 76-77. So I looked at their web site and now I see they offer 3. The 1 I have is the one pictured for the 73-75. The 1 for 76-77 has the "kink" in the top for room for the booster. DId they always offer this 1? If I recall correctly they only offered 2 when I bought mine. Just wondering. I will probably order the correct 1 for 76-77.

They make a booster bracket that works with the older wheel tubs so it doesn't hit. If you haven't installed the tub yet, call Jeff's and see if they'll swap it out.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I don't know about JBG but Wildhorses for years stated that the one wheel tub they sell was the earlier style that you would need to "modify" with a hammer in order to clear factory disc brakes. This is the first I have heard of any vendor offering the tubs with the factory clearance for factory power brakes.