• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where are teh electrical ground locations from factory?

charlie6976

Loc.
Grand Coulee WA
Engine to frame ground. Nick's Trix , of Nick's Trix, once pointed out that there is an unused threaded bolt hole on small block Ford engines that can be used for a ground strap connection. This threaded bolt hole is located in an ear at the front right side of the engine below the number one spark plug. Just need to drill a hole in the frame. Run a tapping bolt in the fame hole for threads, then I switch out to a regular bolt. Then a one foot grounding strap.
By the way, I have a fiberglass body, so return grounding wires are sometimes a must.
Hope this helps.
Thanks to Nick at Nick's Trix.

I didn't dissect anything. I quoted only what I was responding to, like always.

I described something & included a linked pic. Then you described the same thing in text again. So for anyone trying to understand what you meant, I referred back to that pic. Take it FWIW.

What part of my post can anyone not understand? My point was an actual installation of a ground strap and how to do it. "So for anyone trying to understand what you meant." So Steve. I don't see anything in the picture or you, explaining the point of what I meant.
This is all about getting information to a lot of novices. So please don't leave out the 'point' (information). Have a nice day.;)

diggs00

my grounds:

1. Battery to Engine
Cable to the threaded bolt hole charlie6976 spoke of (passenger side of engine -302).

2. Engine to Frame
Cable from that same bolt hole to engine mount

3. Engine to Body
Ground strap from back of HEAD (driver side) to lower gas pedal bolt in firewall.

4. Battery to Front Clip
Cable from battery to passenger wheel well.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
"Atomic batteries to power. Turbines to speed"
"Roger. Ready to move out"
;D;)

Paul