• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where can I locate a two hood vent covers for my 1977 Bronco

Evian

Loc.
Algonquin/IL
Water has rusted out my vents. I need to locate a vent cover or scoop that will prevent water from falling straight into my vent. Does anyone know where I could find a scoop?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I haven't seen any lately, but they're probably still out there. Someone just mentioned them the other day in fact, so if they see this they might have some info for you.
But aren't the vents all plastic/fiberglass stuff? Mine are on my '71. The intake for the heater is all plastic if I'm not mistaken. And though I've never had my driver's side vent box out, I'm pretty sure it's plastic as well.
And they both have drain holes as well.

What exactly rusted out on yours?

Paul

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Square covers for mayonaise buckets placed inbetween cowl and hood. Or anything else that's a flat plastic sheet.

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
But why would you want to disable your vent??:? Scoops may be a better idea.

Depends on where you are located. It was 12 degrees here on friday morning, and now that spring is here it's getting up into the 40's and 50's almost every day;)

ol gray mare

And though I've never had my driver's side vent box out, I'm pretty sure it's plastic as well.
And they both have drain holes as well.

What exactly rusted out on yours?

Paul

My driver side vent got full of leaves etc. It plugged the drain hole and the trapped water drained onto the floor (my feet). I just opened the vent door and vacuumed it out.. end of problem.

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
hood scoops

I'm looking at using 65-66 shelby side scoops for the vents and a boss 429 hood scoop. I have the side scoops already they need a little sanding to flatten them out but other then that they fit pretty well. will try and post a picture tomorrow. Still need the boss scoop.

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
Sorry it took longer to post than I thought but here is the photos of one side still have to flatten out bottom side of scoop. The scoops I have are off of ebay and have a stud on the back side so when scoop is flattened out all I will have to do is put a small plate or washer on the other side of hood and bolt down, and in the future if I want to take off I can with no damage to hood.

Attachments

• IMG_1034.JPG
    IMG_1034.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1035.JPG
    IMG_1035.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 132

SnwMnkys

Loc.
Orem, Utah
broncodriveway.jpg

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
Went thru my paper work and found out they were listed as 67-68 mustang/ shelby side scoops.