• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where/How to install Plastic wiper shield

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
This came with a wiper set up I purchased... The small one that covers the wiper motor plug was easy to figure out.

This one not so much... Anyone have a picture of it installed? Thx.

Attachments

• IMG_20170713_154833126.jpg
    IMG_20170713_154833126.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20170713_154828098.jpg
    IMG_20170713_154828098.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 37

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I'll be of no help, but I do remember having one of those installed on a '74 I owned once. I pulled the cover off to install a drop motor bracket and just left that plastic piece in place. For the life of me I can't remember what or where it bolted to, but I remember it hanging up there.

Edit: curiosity got the best of me and I found you a picture. You're welcome ;)

Attachments

• Doug.jpg
    Doug.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 89
  • Doug2.jpg
    Doug2.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 93

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Here it is.I knew I had a picture fro when I was doing the off-the-frame rebuild of the Chariot. Its purpose appears to be to keep the wire going to the motor from getting caught in the rods. Ford wouldn't have spent the two cents to add it unless they had found that it was needed.

Whoops, just looked at your pictures. Looks like there was a design change in there somewhere. I have never seen one like yours. Must be later models.

Attachments

• wiper_tab.jpg
    wiper_tab.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
My 77 has both of those actually. The one mars has keeps the linkage from hitting the wiler motor wires. The one you have goes in between the two wiper mounts and the wire for the map light goes through the square hole. It mounts with the bent part pointed down so the large part covers wire and the map light. Hope that helps

ransil

Bronco Guru
I have one on mine, I will take a picture later today day when I'm down in the garage.

ransil

Bronco Guru
Picture..
3ffdfe7ecf0844be83c8e83942c648b8.jpg
bb80602a2490abeca1d1bddd60a256ad.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks like I'll have to find one of those somewhere too. Been wanting to install my NOS dome light in one of my wiper covers.
The '68 is pretty well-lit though (thanks Doug!) so it hasn't been what you might call a high priority.
Besides, it's fun to just look and hold old Ford boxes with parts rattling around inside anyway.%)
Man, the things we can be entertained by. You kids try that with your smart phone!;D

Paul

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Not all of the wiper covers had dome lights as far as I know.

I'd bet only the covers with the dome lights had that plastic piece. It appears to me the point of it is to not only keep the wires out of the linkage, but it will direct more of the light down toward the cab vs. a bunch of it pointlessly lighting up the entire inside of the cover.

If the Bronco didn't originally have a dome light in the cover, it would make sense that the mounting holes for that plastic piece wouldn't be in the windshield frame.