• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

where to mount a tube bender in my shop?

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have a pro tools tube bender i am gonna mount in my 30x30 shop and i have not use it yet. I am sure there is a lot to be considered when mounting it to make sure i have room for the tube. Should i mount it in the center?

Letsgocrawling

Contributor
Loc.
Tucson Az.
If it's a manual deal then you definatly have to have room for the bending process, if it's hydraulic you could mount it to a stand with castors which makes the whole deal real versatile and not cumbersome.

OP
OP
rjrobin2002

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am thinking of getting the hydraulic conversion from swag off road since i already have the hydraulic cylinder on my engine lift.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I put four anchors in the middle of the shop bay to bolt my Pro 105 down. 10 minutes to bolt it down or put it away again.

But after I converted it to hydraulic, I put it on wheels.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I anchor mine at the front of my garage. That way I have room for a 20' stick to swing. I also built a stand with castors so I can move it when I'm done.

bigjhoov

nobody
Yep, bolt it down in the middle with some redheads if you're rowing the boat. Put it on a roll around stand if you convert it. I recommend the swag bracket if you do.

Dusty

Bronco Guru
I have the SWAG/HF conversion on mine, on a stand with casters. That's the way to go. Small footprint and you can move and store it anywhere. If you're tight on space and bending a long piece you can let the bender itself rotate as you keep the end of the tube stationary.