• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where's the best place to get Hammerite?

PolarrrBearrr

Loc.
P.R. of NJ
I want to use Hammerite smooth finish on my frame and suspension parts, in both red and grey, but I can't seem to find it online in anything more than a quart. I'm pretty sure I'll need more than that, and the only place I could find online that sold the gallons seemed a little shady.

Anybody know where I can get the smooth finish in gallons for a decent price?

Bronco Ga

Loc.
Georgia
I want to use Hammerite smooth finish on my frame and suspension parts, in both red and grey, but I can't seem to find it online in anything more than a quart. I'm pretty sure I'll need more than that, and the only place I could find online that sold the gallons seemed a little shady.

Anybody know where I can get the smooth finish in gallons for a decent price?

I purchased mine through Ace Hardware. They did not even know they were a Hammerite dealer when I went into the store. I had to call Master Chem at
1-800-325-3552 and get the stock number for the product I wanted at Ace.
The local store ordered it and I picked it up.
I just got a couple of quarts. One quart did a Scrambler frame and I had plenty left over. I sprayed it on. I used Xylene as a solvent to cut the Hammerite so that it would go through my gun. I also cleaned up with xylene. If you go this route you will need breathing protection.
I also ordered a rattle can of Hammerite so that I could touch up anwhere I ground for welding.
This was a few years back. I think HD & Lowes may carry Hammerite now.

http://www.rustcap.com/pages/default.aspx?NavID=42

OP
OP
PolarrrBearrr

PolarrrBearrr

Loc.
P.R. of NJ
Lowes? Really?

Maybe I missed it. Usually the Lowes and HD don't carry sh*t around here.

Thanks, I guess I'll need to go and take a look. There's also an ACE around the corner if Lowes falls through.

Thanks guys!