• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

WHERE'S the Subs

67EB_in_619

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego
VT_Don said:
Wha be fo dat big speekas? Me and me bitches we be get'n down to dat killa rap muzic. Dunno how ta willy fix me ride, so gonna justa make it loud best eyes knows how. Be looking fo me cuse eye be bad with me hoes cuzing the pavement. latter mofus.

ummm... I really hope that was an inside joke.... Because from where I am sitting, that was lame, mean, and ignorant. Here is to hoping it was an inside joke that I just dont get.

-MP

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Diddo that!

I have never, will never, listen to rap. A good sub or pair of subs equalized appropriately will make any music sound much better, including country and western, which is what I listen to mostly mixed with some good old southern rock.

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
I didn't come here to hear sumthin thumpin from the city...play sumthin Kuntry!!
I used to crank up the country with 2-12" PYLE's and 600W amp. I liked my mirrors buzzing!

J.D.

67EB_in_619

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego
We will never get everyone to agree on the music they like... but i think we can all agree on a good system.

Who cares what music other people want to play... they like it... if it annoys you, then turn yours up so you cant hear it! :)

I like it all ... from System of a Down, to 50 cent, to Metallica, to Sublime, to The Eagles, to G. Thuroghgood, to Nelly, to Ted Nugent (had to end with him after the bronco driver cover!) .. I want a system that can play it all equally well... but dont worry, I am not looking for something soooo loud you can hear my awful mix from blocks away!

I have too many other things to worry about before I start bitching about types of music... its WAY down the list.

bigpappa

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gardendale Al
67EB_in_619 said:
We will never get everyone to agree on the music they like... but i think we can all agree on a good system.

Who cares what music other people want to play... they like it... if it annoys you, then turn yours up so you cant hear it! :)

I like it all ... from System of a Down, to 50 cent, to Metallica, to Sublime, to The Eagles, to G. Thuroghgood, to Nelly, to Ted Nugent (had to end with him after the bronco driver cover!) .. I want a system that can play it all equally well... but dont worry, I am not looking for something soooo loud you can hear my awful mix from blocks away!

I have too many other things to worry about before I start bitching about types of music... its WAY down the list.

I agree 100% I even like to listen to some classical music if I am having a stressful day at work.

PhantomEB

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta
As for me, I am gonna run all Marine stuff. Bazooka tube mounted on the harness bar in the middle behind the front seats. 2-5.25s in the dash and wakeboard speakers that I found on here from Ebay up behind my head. :eek: :eek: :eek: ;D

77broncoguy

Loc.
Grand Rapids, MI
[As for me, I am gonna run all Marine stuff. Bazooka tube mounted on the harness bar in the middle behind the front seats. 2-5.25s in the dash and wakeboard speakers that I found on here from Ebay up behind my head.]

That's what I did. (all marine stuff) Honestly, not the best sounding stuff if you're really picky, and the deck kinda looks like a microwave instead of a stereo.

But I love being able to just hose it out without wrecking my stuff. Plus, I've parked mine overnight with the top off in less than desirable places, not many people looking to yank my boat speakers ;D

saryan

Loc.
Jenks ,Oklahoma
edge4 said:
Side panel install with 10" sub built out 1 1/2".
That is EXACTLY what I am wanting to do. Utilize that space in the bed. I think I am also going to put a 12V cig lighter there as well if I can fit it. I just want to be able to hear my radio when driving. lol

edge4

Contributor
Loc.
Gonzales, Texas
broncobran68 said:
I like your setup. Does it have any wood backing or just the bronco sheet metal? Does it rattle?

What you see is 5/8" MDF with a 1x2" trim for standoff, covered in commercial weave carpet. The fenderwells behind it were lined in Dynamat. No vibration or buzz at all. The passenger side can hold a 10" sub in this setup, but the drivers side can only accept an 8" due to the fuel filler panel around the fenderwell. I included some additional pics.
Edge

Attachments

• SpeakersL.JPG
    SpeakersL.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 42
  • SpeakersR.jpg
    SpeakersR.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 28
  • SpeakerT.JPG
    SpeakerT.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 38

PhantomEB

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta
Although now I see the Fake Nitrous bottle sub, I REALLY LIKEY!!

Whatcha think Nitrous Bazooka on one side, high up and matching REAL nitrous bottle on the other side??? Sure would have folk wondering WTF, hes got TWO blue bottles up there, hes nuts! I know it sure would be an excellent compliment to the rear 1/4 elliptical 4 link suspension I am planning. :eek: