• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Which 3.5" lift Should I go with

ChappDogg

Loc.
Fargo for now
Been looking at a lot of lift kits, so many to choose from. I'm building a DD that I will take off road for some fun, nothing to radical. I what a 3.5" with 2" body lift. What suspenion kit should i get? Your input is greatly appreciated. Oh yeah price does matter. So good kit at a good price.

ChappDogg

huged29

Loc.
Ft Collins, Colorado
I put my 3.5" lift together using mostly BC components and it turned out great. The only real differences between the manufacturers are the front springs and rear leafs, most of the other components are pretty similar. If you want a decent lift most of the major bronco houses will be fine (BC, Wild horses, duff), but stay away from superlift and anything rancho because they suck bigtime.

sprinksbeme

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kingman, AZ
I've been very happy with my wild horse kit. It handle very close to stock on highway and with the adj. shocks I was able to readjust when I added the winch. It also articulates pretty well off road. I upgraded to thier rockcrawler front coils and added extended e-brake cables and brake lines. I have been running it about 3 years now an have not had any real problems. If running a hard top and carrying a moderate amount of gear I think I would order a 4.5 rear spring as I did add a 1'' spacer in the rear to get it sit level.

68 Broncoholic

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WA
Depending on tools you have... If I were to do it again I'd do coil overs all around. Staying cheap you can use front coils all around by welding in some upper coil buckes in the rear. Its cheaper than buying $500 leafs for the rear. You can do the whole truck for $500 with the DOM tube, heim joints, shocks and extended brake lines. The drivelines will be $600/pr.
Or do a shackel flip in the back and match the front to height of rear. I don't recomend going over 4.5" coils as driveline bind will catch up with you.

mountainlivin

Loc.
colorado springs
68 Broncoholic said:
Depending on tools you have... If I were to do it again I'd do coil overs all around. Staying cheap you can use front coils all around by welding in some upper coil buckes in the rear. Its cheaper than buying $500 leafs for the rear. You can do the whole truck for $500 with the DOM tube, heim joints, shocks and extended brake lines. The drivelines will be $600/pr.
Or do a shackel flip in the back and match the front to height of rear. I don't recomend going over 4.5" coils as driveline bind will catch up with you.
Good points.

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
I am going with a mish mash of parts on my truck. I am setting it up to be a good all around vehical, both good on the street, and good for medium level offroading.

Cage offroad - coils, leafs, and shocks

all4fun - extended radius arms, with rubber bushings.

Duff - track bar drop bracket

AWS - front shock towers

I have everything except the shock towers, they should be here next week so I can install the new lift. We will se how it all works together, I am crossing my fingers I made wise choices.

OP
OP
ChappDogg

ChappDogg

Loc.
Fargo for now
Sounding good

I've been thinking on a WH 3.5 kit as of right now not sure when I can get it. I looking at getting a 1991 silver anniv. Bronco, $1950.00 right now. I working on the owner, it needs a lot TLC but has a strong drivetrain. Not sure if I have the skills to do the coils in the rear, nut I have been thinking about that a lot. Thanks for all the input, keep them coming.

ChappDogg

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
shwagy357 said:
How important are dual shocks?
Not very at all, unless you just have lots of money and like the bling or maybe running the Baja;D They have so many very well made shocks now days you only need one.