• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Which 3.5" Lift???? URGENT

bronccar

I just ordered a 3.5" Ultra lift from JBG - and now I am considering cancelling because of what I am seeing one here re: 5 pack leafs v. 11 pack - as well as superlift coils sagging.

The leafs don't concern me as much since I'm not running a hard top.

I came within an ace of ordering from WH or CAGE, but I had to order some other stuff from Jeff's so I got it all at once.

Please let me know what ya'll think as I still have time to cancel.

But let me say that I have had great success with JBG customer serivce, so please don't bash the vendor - let's just talk quality for the buck.

Thanks all!!!!

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
Change your order to one of their "Super Flex" suspension kits.

THey do cost more, but you're getting your money's worth. Cheaper ain't always better.

I took the cheap road a few years back, and got the Superlift springs on my rig. I've hated them from the day I drove it home with them on. Don't make the same mistake as I did.

matt69

Loc.
Peoria
If you did not get the superflex stuff from Jeff's I would cancel the order based on what I have read on this board. I have no personal experience with Jeff's, but had a very stiff KbarS lift prior to my new WH's lift.

matt

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
Matt, your old KBarS suspension is basically the same thing as the Superlift springs. Rides like a tater wagon, huh?

Save up for a nice smooth riding spring setup from any of the major suppliers. WH, BC, JBG, CAGE, Duffy's, American Bronco; they all have nice squishy springs that will ride great. Do go ahead and order up some decent shocks to go along with your new springs. Don't cheap out on shocks either.

MikeEB

Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Like many have said cancel, cancel , cancel. Both the 5 pack rear and the superlift springs are going to ride like a tank. The Superlift springs are designed for the F150 and BB Bronco's not for the EB. Bang for the buck doesn't apply here, you will get far more for your money if you go to one of the other vendors and get their 3.5's or as was mentioned go with one of JBG's superflex setups (Linear rate coils and 11 pack Deavers). I think the general consensus is anything less is just throwing money out the window.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Definitely change it to the SUPER FLEX; THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH JBG. Just make sure you get the SUPER FLEX springs as they are DEAVER SPRINGS which are 'arguably' the best available.

MikeEB

Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
trailpsycho said:
Definitely change it to the SUPER FLEX; THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH JBG. Just make sure you get the SUPER FLEX springs as they are DEAVER SPRINGS which are 'arguably' the best available.

Nope nothing wrong with JBG, I run their 5.5 bullet proof setup ;D

OP
OP
bronccar

bronccar

WoooHooo!

Good news - I caught Mark at JBG as my stuff was literally on the way out the door. He stopped the shipment - reconfigured me to a superflex (thanks all!) and ONLY CHARGED ME FOR WHAT I SPECIFICALLY NEEDED...not the whole kit. Many of you - as with myself are running hybrid setups - combinations of several model year broncos. I told Mark what I had - along with new parts I had ordered previously and he broke it down for me.

I can't say enough about these guys.

Last order UPS destroyed - all items missing from a tube. BGY re-shipped immediately - all I had to do was call UPS and tell them what happened.

matt69

Loc.
Peoria
Excellent, I know you will be much happier with a softer suspension. Good thing you caught the order that would of sucked to have to pay to ship the springs and coils back.

matt

Hogback

bronccar said:
WoooHooo!
Good news - I caught Mark at JBG as my stuff was literally on the way out the door. He stopped the shipment - reconfigured me to a superflex (thanks all!) and ONLY CHARGED ME FOR WHAT I SPECIFICALLY NEEDED...not the whole kit.
I can't say enough about these guys.

What great CUSTOMER SERVICE! I'm glad you shared this amid all the bashing of recent days.