• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Which company makes the best door rubber?

old66

Loc.
Oklahoma
Is Dennis Carpenter the only company that makes the door rubber seals? My upper door rubber seals from DC seem a little short, and I have a area at the front top of the doors that the rubber doesn't touch. I guess original was the best.

OP
OP
O

old66

Loc.
Oklahoma
Well, I never had the original doors. This 66 was a roadster and I wanted a half cab so I had to buy some doors and cab and then put on the door rubber. I use the bronco for shows and some driving and I want it to look right.

OP
OP
O

old66

Loc.
Oklahoma
JBG is where I got the door seals, and they are made by Dennis Carpenter, I thought that another company might have made some.

72Sport

Bronco Guru
[quote author=old66 link=board=5;threadid=19290;start=0#msg148043 date=1056681378]
Is Dennis Carpenter the only company that makes the door rubber seals? My upper door rubber seals from DC seem a little short, and I have a area at the front top of the doors that the rubber doesn't touch. I guess original was the best.
[/quote]

Super Soft is another Manuf. Someone is always selling them on Ebay (2419975017). If you look at the pictures for the auction you can see the brand on the packaging. I think they have a 15 yr money back warranty. I have DC now and I want to replace them. Keep us posted.

I also bought side rubber for the top from DC and they weren't big enough to fill the recesses in the top. They did take them back after I got to the right person. I ordered another set through my local glass shop from another company. They fit ok and were DC also in someone elses package. DC has his name molded in on most of his rubber parts if you look closely.

ryansbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
The place of bronco
James Duff has some. I have them right now. They dont fit all to well for the half cab. On the other hand the full top that we had 70ish fit fine. I too was looking at DC

Jerhew

Loc.
buffalo, ny
from what i've seen, stock rubber wasn't always exactly perfect anyway
the doors dont even seem to fit all that tight to the top on my truck
i too, would like to know before i buy new rubber...
who's is the best?

Raskew

Loc.
Vancouver, B.C.
I'd like to know as well. I'd also like to know what you guys running with soft tops do about the door rubber situation.

Rick

flint_knapper

BRONCO GOD
Loc.
Harvest, AL
[quote author=Raskew link=board=5;threadid=19290;start=0#msg148120 date=1056694124]
I'd like to know as well. I'd also like to know what you guys running with soft tops do about the door rubber situation.

Rick
[/quote]

I just took some rubber weather seal, cut to fit and glued it to the inside of the window frame. ;)

OP
OP
O

old66

Loc.
Oklahoma
I will check out the Super Soft products on Ebay. I am not saying that DC seals are bad I just thought they were short around the top. Every time I was the Bronco I have to wipe up the water out of the floor. This may be normal, I don't know. I have adjusted everything I could. I will keep watching to see If someone has used the Super Soft.

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
I bought from LMC and wasn't very happy. The plastic plugs attached to the bottom section would not stay in the seals and they weren't big enough to snap into place. They kept popping out of the mounting holes. I had to glue them down. If you keep the thick pieces that plug into the tops of the doors from your old seals, you can use about any rubber seal, which will save you $$. I found it better to use a smaller seal anyway. That way the door would close right.