• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Which hydroboost with BC angled bracket?

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
That would be great. It would be better if you could talk your fab shop buddies about half way between us into making that particular bracket for you. They told me no way due to liability insurance, but I know you have 'pull' around there....;) I like chucks new bracket, simple and easy do you think it would fit?

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I have never had an issue removing the nut with common shop tools? What am I doing right :cool:

Ben

You're probably a lot smarter than I am :) . Sometimes I've used a hammer and chisel too.

Todd Z.

70_Steve

Old Guy
What options do I have with an 06' Superduty hydroboost? It has a bracket with 4 studs off the end, and the hydroboost is on that with a big a$$ nut?
Hmmm.... I have a similar (the same?) Superduty hydroboost sitting in the garage (with all my other half-started projects), that has that same bracket with four studs. One of the reasons I wanted to use the Superduty hydroboost unit is that the arm is just about the same length as the stock master cylinder. My plan (at the time) was to remake the plate that the stock unit bolts to, and mount the hydroboost to it. That will get it as close to the brake pedal as possible.

Good to know that toddz69 has a tool for that nut. I've been known to go the hammer and chisel route myself!!

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Some have used my bracket for Hydroboost but I don't know what hydro boost or what they did to use it. Sorry.
My bracket will not be angled. I tested the unit on the racer this last baja 1000. Everything worked out. One of the hoses is close to the valve cover but the did not touch during the race. I have a 351w with the tall valve covers for the roller rockers. I don't think having the brake rod push at a angle is a good idea.

Thanks good to know as I was really dreading the thought of having to build another hydroboost from parts. I have just about finished making one for my 78 bronco and by the time I spent a day in the boneyard finding a good unit & pump. Ordering a new master cylinder and fabbing up the brackets and lines I have untold hours and close to 300 bucks in this thing. Sure will be nice to have someone really engineer one I can just bolt on. As much as I work, my spare time is too costly to run around and chase parts for something like this.;)

ransil

Bronco Guru
Thanks good to know as I was really dreading the thought of having to build another hydroboost from parts. I have just about finished making one for my 78 bronco and by the time I spent a day in the boneyard finding a good unit & pump. Ordering a new master cylinder and fabbing up the brackets and lines I have untold hours and close to 300 bucks in this thing. Sure will be nice to have someone really engineer one I can just bolt on. As much as I work, my spare time is too costly to run around and chase parts for something like this.;)

see post 21 in this thread, I posted a pic of a bracket that needs no mods.
They are for sale on Ebay right now, PM me at i will send you a link to the guy selling them.

BroncoMark

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Irvine CA
Has anyone used Chuck's bracket? I have the Vanco system shown here: http://www.vancopbs.com/product_p/66-77%20bronco.htm

This setup bolts straight to the firewall. Unfortunately, the hydroboost hits the tall valve covers on my 351W. I thought that my extreme motor mounts were the problem, but I've just swapped them out and it helped, but I'm still hitting. Chuck says that his system will clear tall valve covers on a 351W. I don't see much difference in where the HB unit is bolting to the bracket that is going to give me more clearance. What's the deal? Anyone have pics of one of these bolted up?

kbldawg

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marshall, AR
Has anyone used Chuck's bracket? I have the Vanco system shown here: http://www.vancopbs.com/product_p/66-77%20bronco.htm

This setup bolts straight to the firewall. Unfortunately, the hydroboost hits the tall valve covers on my 351W. I thought that my extreme motor mounts were the problem, but I've just swapped them out and it helped, but I'm still hitting. Chuck says that his system will clear tall valve covers on a 351W. I don't see much difference in where the HB unit is bolting to the bracket that is going to give me more clearance. What's the deal? Anyone have pics of one of these bolted up?

I bought my bracket second-hand, but bigmuddy says it's a BC bracket, so that's good enough for me. ;)

Hydroboost%20001.jpg

Hydroboost%20004.jpg

Hydroboost%20005.jpg

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
I have a 77 and was hoping I wouldn't have to fool with 1" spacer and all that

I used a 77 bracket, and used 3/4 spacers. I felt the spacers were needed for the pushrod articulation. Had to relieve the clevis bracket a bit to allow the full range of motion.

I am anxious to see and purchase one of Ransil's new bolt on Astro brackets, as it will eliminate the cut and thread, and spacer issue, as the bellhousing geometry is designed for the astro pushrod throw......hope it is reasonably priced...

BroncoMark

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Irvine CA
Ransil is making an Astro bracket? I'd like to see that.

To calrify, I'm looking for pics of BCB's new flat bracket.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Here is where you can see the bracket www.bcbroncos.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=1812. We don't have the complete unit up yet, we be very busy. I will post some pics here tomorrow. I have it on the racer and it has the tall valve covers and I have put it on several other EBs but a few that I have sent out seems to not fit. I am not sure why but when I get a little time I will get back on this.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Here is where you can see the bracket www.bcbroncos.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=1812. We don't have the complete unit up yet, we be very busy. I will post some pics here tomorrow. I have it on the racer and it has the tall valve covers and I have put it on several other EBs but a few that I have sent out seems to not fit. I am not sure why but when I get a little time I will get back on this.

Chuck:

I don't know if you got my email or not, but I'm not sure exactly how your bracket is supposed to attach to the firewall. I'm assuming it uses more than just the two bolt holes at the top?

Thanks,
Todd

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru

Mark:

Is your Vanco unit one of the internal accumulator units or an external accumulator unit? I know they sell both. I'm guessing yours in an internal unit?

Todd Z.

ransil

Bronco Guru
I used a 77 bracket, and used 3/4 spacers. I felt the spacers were needed for the pushrod articulation. Had to relieve the clevis bracket a bit to allow the full range of motion.

I am anxious to see and purchase one of Ransil's new bolt on Astro brackets, as it will eliminate the cut and thread, and spacer issue, as the bellhousing geometry is designed for the astro pushrod throw......hope it is reasonably priced...

Here is the guy that makes the bracket. Ebay user name = ant0290
he sells all his stuff on Ebay.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/ant0290earlybroncosource__W0QQ_armrsZ1

OP
OP
E

Ed74

Loc.
San Diego, CA
Ant0290's bracket looks extremely promising. I would much rather purchase this instead of spending the time to mock up an Astro Hydroboost to my BC angled bracket.

RB Precision

Loc.
Duvall, Wa
I assume the BC braket was reversed engineered from an original bracket, so it should work with the slight tweaking suggested in EB6677's excellent article.

I don't think "reverse engineered" is quit right. I think closer to re-engineered. The stock bracket makes the booster and M/C sloop down in the front making it necessary to dent the inner fender on all except the 76-77's and the stock boosters were getting hard to find so I started over. I designed my bracket to make the booster and M/C set flat and I used a 78 Mustang II booster because they were easy to find. Later the mustang boosters got a little hard to find so I had new boosters make with the same bolt pattern and bellcrank connection as the Mustang II. So, the stock EB booster will not bolt to my bracket and the bellcrank connection is also different. Anyway, I am developing a hydroboost brake kit right now and have the mounting bracket out for bid right now. I will be selling a complete kit and just the bracket so you can go to the boneyard and get the booster and pump. It usually takes 1-2 mos. form bid to product on the shelf so I don't know if that helps but thought I would let you know what was coming before you started spending money and modifing parts.

I would be willing to throw a bid at your new bracket. PM me if you're interested, I know I'm not local but my work load is light right now and I could turn some out real quick. Plus I really need power brakes and this is the route I wanted to go.

Ryan

Desert Thrasher

Bronco Guru
I used a Duff bracket for my Hboost. The hydroboost is a superduty unit. I used a 1" thick piece of aluminum for a spacer for better pushrod clearance. Also I cut the stock pushrod and addded a heim. The master cylinder hit the stock hood support bow so I made a flat cap for it. It all works great.

Attachments

• HydroBoost002a.JPG
    HydroBoost002a.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 29
  • HydroBoost003a.JPG
    HydroBoost003a.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 33
  • HydroBoost004a.JPG
    HydroBoost004a.JPG
    170.1 KB · Views: 33
  • HydroBoost001a.JPG
    HydroBoost001a.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 23

dons68sport

Loc.
brooklyn
hi don here i just put the hydro boost on my 68 last weeken i used 1 off a 1992 astro and made the bracket out of 3/16 plate an i still have the template if u want i can send it to you have a happy day