• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Which Liner?

Hiker

Loc.
Tumwater, Wa.
I have read some posts about which liner to use: RHINO or LINEX, but I still can't make up my mind. Please humor me and give pros and cons; this is going to be a substantial investment. All thoughts welcomed, and thanks.

Baja71

Bronco Guru
I think Linex is a much better surface, look, and equally as strong. Go touchy feely both.

Real Big Stache

Loc.
Henderson, NV
Linex for me all the way. Durable & weatherproof.

Attachments

• Photo0180.jpg
    Photo0180.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Photo0183.jpg
    Photo0183.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 49
  • Photo0184.jpg
    Photo0184.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 49

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
A guy here in town sprays in a different liner and I am at a loss right now on what it is called but it looks pretty good...

Anyway... not sure if he was full of it or not but he told me LineX had no UV protection and would fade out over time.... his liner has some sort of UV additive that helps it keep its color.

After he told me that I went to work and looked at a couple of trucks with line x and one he sprayed and sure enough the line x was more grey / milky looking and the other was still black.

Just tossing that out...

Greg

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
I would recommend Line X. I've had 2 done in Line X, one black and one orange. I have been happy with Line X and have not had a problem.

Attachments

• post8.jpg
    post8.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 36
  • post7.jpg
    post7.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 39
  • post6.jpg
    post6.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 35
  • post5.jpg
    post5.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 42
  • post4.jpg
    post4.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 33
  • post3.jpg
    post3.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 32
  • post2.jpg
    post2.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 41
  • post1.jpg
    post1.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 36

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
dont have any liner but i can tell you that LineX feels amazing and soft, and i believe rhino liner is a rougher texture.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Here, here on Line-X. Looked at alot of different products. About the only product that is as good, which isnt sold nationally is a full 100% poly-urea liner. I know they have some places up in WA. Line-X is a poly urea/poly urethane blend. It is a harder surface than the Rhinolined beds I have seen and touched. Rhino fades more quickly and weathers...but it has a softer "feel" to it...which some people like. I know I have roughed up a knuckle or two on my Line-X...but I would have busted a knuckle anyway...right? Too, if you have a dog or haul stuff, I think the Line-X holds up the best. When it gets dirty, muddy, whatever, a pressure washing restores it pretty well. A light scrub if it want it 'shiny'.

It is one of those, you get what you pay for items, IMO. Definitely not a place for buyer's remorse.

shonivey

as of about 4 years ago line-x went to a cheap mexi product. we had all our trucks from Pacific Gas and Electric sprayed locally and the vendor stopped using the product. I am no expert and can offer no more info that that , but my 07 waS SPRAYED WITH THE NEW LINER AND 80K LATER NO FADING.

Bronco Ga

Loc.
Georgia
I've had Linex on 10 trucks. The last two trucks were done in 2004. I love the product, but all mine have faded (they are pickup beds so I don't mind fading).

ZookBronc

Loc.
South Orange County
I think LineX is the harder of the two and for me, it was perfect. Tough, durable waterproof and tintable to match almost any color. I think Rhino has a softer, rubbery feel.

Attachments

• Linex.jpg
    Linex.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Linex1.jpg
    Linex1.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 28

clarkaw1

Loc.
Waterford, Michigan
I work for the company and the site that makes the material for Line-X. It is a polyurethane blend and as of today’s date made in Livonia Mich. I'm told my company also (at a different sites) make the material for the Rhino and Gator bed liners. If a repair is needed with Line-X you can spray over top of the existing Line-X and it will look new again. We make it black and natural color, Line-X... adds pigment color to the natural color that we sell them to give its customer the color of choice. :D

brian72

Early Bronco Student
if you are doing it yourself...SEM makes a real nice product.