• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

which lower hose for ron davis radiator

jgrow

I have 98 explorer 302 efi serp set up. Ron Davis reverse inlet/outlet radiator. I figured out 93 mustang 5.0 hose works for upper. Anyone know what works for lower? I've tried a few with no success. Would love a part # to save multiple trips to parts store. thanks in advance.

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I used a silicone mustang 5.0 from a foxbody, I had to cut it down a little, but it fits very well.

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
I used a new stock Bronco lower and it fit perfectly. I think it's this one...

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d...adiator+hose_5157898_-1&keyword=radiator+hose

20662.jpg

OP
OP
jgrow

jgrow

Thanks fellas. I ended up using the fox body lower and cutting it. Fits perfect. I didn't get a chance to check out the original bronco hose as my local auto parts shop was out of them. Anyways, she's back on the road! thanks again.

ricky

Loc.
beaumon,texas 77706
how are you liking the ron Davis radiator? what fan are you using?

I'm in the market for a new radiator/electric fan and am going with explorer front dress as well..thanks!

OP
OP
jgrow

jgrow

I have all of 10miles on radiator so can't really say how it is. I had a champion and it failed in 4000 miles, mainly road. I think it was vibration that got it as I live on a bumpy dirt road. I will say I like the Ron Davis's design better. It sits snug into the brackets. But, man, seems silly to have pay all that coin for it. I would have went explorer radiator but I didn't want to mess with changing brackets(time issues). I think that's the route to go, $100 vs 5x that!! Or if I could be patient maybe the copper BC Broncos rad but I couldn't wait 3-6weeks...want to drive bronco now! I'm running stock explorer fan with Ron Davis shroud. We'll see if my dirt road eats this aluminum radiator up to...would hope not...guys use these for Baja 1000 right?!?!