• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Which oil pan on a 351W?

Broncster

Loc.
Grants, New Mexico
What type of oil pan are you guys using in the 302-351W conversion? The donor engine I am going to build for my 72 Explorer is out of a 83 Ford Econoline Van.;D ;D

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
we ordered a milodon 7qt pan from summit racing with baffles and it's great. only downfall is that it's more difficult to get to the torque converter bolts.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I'm using the stock one that was on my 96 F350 5.8L when I bought it. F250 pans are the same and I would guess F150 pans would be as well.

vap13

I used one from an 85 Bronco, I would assume that any full size Bronco with 4-wheel drive would have a rear sump.
Paul

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
I'm running Duffs 351W pan. Been on there since 97. Had no porblems with it so far. Comes with new pick up tube, screen and main bearing bolt. heres a pic

Attachments

• 3103.jpg
    3103.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 181

73 toy

Loc.
Leavenworth,wa
I ran a van pan for a year or so, but if you botton it out, you will dent the pan. I dented it so many times, I finally ordered a pan from summit, it fits great, they had the best price I could find 134.00(or something like that)

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D When the 66 was done you had to mod your 289 pan and use the rear main seal part of the 351W pan and weld it to the 289 pan. That was back in about 72 or so. But a big bronco or F150 should work from a 4x4 good luck.:p :p :p Bill :cool: %) :p

probaja

Loc.
Mesa AZ

Stallion-
Can you post the part # for the milodon 7qt pan from summit racing your using....This is the route I was thinking of going -

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Jckofalltrdes master/none
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
I have a ford 351w pan off a 80's bronco, but was wondering what part number would be the one that fits in the EB? Anyone know, I may use if but if I dont I'll sell it so I can buy more parts for my EB! ;)
Ben

PhantomEB

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta
That one Duff and I am sure most everyone else sells is the 351W into a 5.0L Mustang conversion Pan that Ford sells. Check your dealership, they are cheaper than you think!! My buddy who is a Ford Tech damn near shit his pants when he ordered mine for me. Only thing I suggest if you got the engine out, install the dipstick while you can, I was out there for two hours under the truck with the 351 installed and still havent gotten it threaded!

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
summit part # MIL-30530, sells for $285.88, and i can't remember if we had to buy the pickup tube separate or not. the only thing is we didn't like the way you have to bolt the pickup tube under the main bolt so we modified it to bolt to the stud sticking off the main bolt.

i can't find a direct link, but go on to summit racing's site, look under ENGINES AND ACCYS, then OILING SYSTEMS, then MILODON, and 4x4 pans and scroll down to the third one.

maverickconner

I agree with skid, the car pans are great, just hard to get to at the junk yard....the engine has to be out of the car

trips

Loc.
Watford City, ND
351W oil pan

73stallion said:
summit part # MIL-30530, sells for $285.88, and i can't remember if we had to buy the pickup tube separate or not. the only thing is we didn't like the way you have to bolt the pickup tube under the main bolt so we modified it to bolt to the stud sticking off the main bolt.

i can't find a direct link, but go on to summit racing's site, look under ENGINES AND ACCYS, then OILING SYSTEMS, then MILODON, and 4x4 pans and scroll down to the third one.

Milodon 30531 $296 351W Bronco 66-77

milodon.com

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Jckofalltrdes master/none
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
when I said part numbers I meant like $100 stock type part numbers :) I think my pan has D5 to start off the part number I will check it tonight. I dont have the pick up tube though or screen (not as I remember).