• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

which rotors for front disc conversion??

KD1990

alright i have 4 hubs- 2 from a 90 bronco D44 twin traction beam than 2 from a 67 D30 than i have chevy calipers chevy spindles along with 67 and 90 spindles also i have the steering nuckles and chevy caliper brackets and now i just need to know which rotors are required.. i have looked at all kinds of them and none work so i just thought if yall could tell me it which ones yall use i could see if it will work for me. i can use any of the spindles and hubs in the combination of parts to complete the conversion thanks guys

OP
OP
K

KD1990

alright i looked at it thanks alot but what truck are those caliper brackets off of also he said that the rotors and hubs will work from a 76-85?? thats a random range of years because the broncos changed from 67-77, 78-79, 80-86, 87-91... so it doesnt make sense.. so what hes saying is that a 75 hub/rotor wont work but a 76 will even though nothing changed?? any advice/help will be much appreciated thanks guys!

72Sport

Bronco Guru
Caliper brackets: Could be Jeep or other Chevy. Chevy also has a heavy duty one piece backing plate that comes on blazers and 1/2 ton 4wd trucks. Burbs have ones similar to motomans list after the sheet metal backing plate is tossed.

Rotors: Bronco started using them in 76 not 67-75. 75 and earlier were drums. 76 up were rotors. So 76-91 rotors are the same not sure about hubs after 79.

All Chevy parts order early Blazer 1976. Ford parts order 76 Bronco. !976 is easy to remember because that is the first year Broncos had disc brakes.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
As you've probably found out you have a bunch of worthless parts. Look through the links section to the left of the screen there are many other write ups on disc conversions. 72Sport pretty much nailed it but there are other years and options. Basically you need early(72-76?) chevy brake backing plates, spindles, calipers and brake lines. Then Ford rotors 76-85ish. also 76-85ish bearings and seals. Then you should be just about good to go ecept for either a new MC again 76 up ford with disc will work or removing the residual valve from your current one. But there are other choices for MC's also so read up in the links section.