• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Which tank is which? Manuel and Electric switch?

bst4byford

I have a leaky tank, and want to drain it, but I don't really know which tank is which. <br><br>When the manuel switch under the seat points to the right, which tank is that? Rear or under drivers seat tank?<br><br>How about the switch on the dash? Is left or right the rear or front?<br><br>Thanks so much!!!

Neep0520

Loc.
Y-town Ohio
Ive got a 66' w/ dual tanks and had the same problem when I first got mine, here is how i found out which is which:<br><br>1. remove both gas caps<br>2. remove fuel line from the carberator<br>3. use an air gun to blow fuel into the tank (provided both tanks<br> are empty)<br>4. have a friend feel for air coming from the fuel fillers, write <br> which tank it is coming from.<br>5. move the switch to the nex position and repeat the process<br><br>OR<br><br>get a service manual from jeff bronco graveyard and look it up.

justinsane

Loc.
Casper, Wyoming
When the valve points right, lever to the left, that's the main tank. On the switch, left is main, right aux. At least that's what mine shows and it all appears origional.<br><br>If you point the valve down, mine shows off, cheep theft deterrent for dummy car theifs.<br><br>Brian

jerry

Contributor
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Brian's right on with his advice - my 70's the same way.<br><br>Jerry<br><br> [quote author=JustinSane link=board=5;threadid=9973;start=0#71950 date=1034101171]<br>When the valve points right, lever to the left, that's the main tank. On the switch, left is main, right aux. At least that's what mine shows and it all appears origional.<br><br>If you point the valve down, mine shows off, cheep theft deterrent for dummy car theifs.<br><br>Brian<br>[/quote]

OP
OP
B

bst4byford

is the back on front considered the main tank?

I would guess that the rear is the main, right?