• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

White Dash

turbotim2

I know that most dashes came painted parchment and some came in the matching body color. Has anyone painted their dash white (Wimbledon or other shade)? If so, would you mind posting a pic and description of color? Thanks!!

Dbarnes72

Loc.
Eastern Wa.
Here's a white one that I found on this site when I was trying to make up my mind to go black or white. I haven't done mine yet but like this. It's about as white as you can get.........

Attachments

• White interior Bronco.jpg
    White interior Bronco.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 150

Whoaa

Bronco Guru
Here's a White dash on my 77

And Blue body colored dash on my stock 73' model

OP
OP
T

turbotim2

Thanks everyone for posting. My paint scheme ideas are not set in stone yet. I am doing a two color scheme and one of the colors will be some version of white, I just haven't decided yet. The dash will be painted to match so I wasn't sure how a bright white would look. Turns out they look great!

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I didn't realize how "unwhite" Wimbledon white was until I saw it side by side to white.

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
Bright white rattle can and clear coat.:cool:

Attachments

• Dash mod 6.jpg
    Dash mod 6.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 71
  • dash & interior.jpg
    dash & interior.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 66

tilac999

Loc.
Boston
So if the dash is Wimbledon White, what shade of white are the door panels? Planning on recovering the front bench seat and I see the cover comes in either Parchment or Bright White. Would like everything to somewhat match.

fordfan

Bronco Guru
So if the dash is Wimbledon White, what shade of white are the door panels? Planning on recovering the front bench seat and I see the cover comes in either Parchment or Bright White. Would like everything to somewhat match.

The correct color for the white on the dash and the door panels is parchment and not Wimbledon white.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
No pictures, but rattle can bright white. A little too bright and annoying. They knew what they were doing when they toned down the factory white.

smokinjoe

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New Braunfels, TX
GM Summit White. Rattle canned. Painting the entire truck Summit White. Had a Z71 Tahoe in that color and it was the most pure, bright white. :cool:

Ignore the kick panels and other 'To-Do's' :p

Attachments

• 20150421_195741.jpg
    20150421_195741.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 52

DAR

Loc.
Coeur D Alene
Did anyone find a good rattle can to match up the light parchment satin for the interior dash color? I'm getting ready to restore the metal instrument panel dash and need a good paint for it, thanks.