• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Who has the last 1977 Bronco

Gupster88

Contributor
Guppy
Loc.
Tillamook OR
My father had a 77 classic he bought right around 1989 that was said to be built in the last month of circulation. I was only 19 at the time. It was chrome yellow and it was used to launch his sea dory into the surf here in Oregon. 1 of three he went through as I was growing up. Salt water completely destroyed them in short order. He sold Motor and frame to a guy who built a hot rod out of it. Wish I knew VIN # but I was to busy chasing girls instead of paying attention to old Broncos. Need a time machine.

tedhas7

The story in bronco driver just say he has the last one sold. Its not the necessarily the last serial number because it is a 76 but was owned by a dealer and the gateway guy bought if from the dealer who had never registered it or titled it so it legally is the last one sold. So far it looks like WAL1210 has the last one on the site.

crab

Bronco Guru
My father had a 77 classic he bought right around 1989 that was said to be built in the last month of circulation. I was only 19 at the time. It was chrome yellow and it was used to launch his sea dory into the surf here in Oregon. 1 of three he went through as I was growing up. Salt water completely destroyed them in short order. He sold Motor and frame to a guy who built a hot rod out of it. Wish I knew VIN # but I was to busy chasing girls instead of paying attention to old Broncos. Need a time machine.

Sup Gup? I had to do a double take on the name and then saw your post. I remember those bronco's well. If Nick only knew then that he could have made more money parking those broncos in the barn then all of the fish he's sold in the past 50 years. Crazy

My '77 was:
Ordered 3/29/77
Serialized 3/30/77
Bucked 4/14/77
Scheduled 4/19/77
Built 4/18/77 PREEMIE :)
Released 4/18/77
Sold 9/6/77

Last edited:

Gupster88

Contributor
Guppy
Loc.
Tillamook OR
Hows it going R. . How you holding up? Yes I have told him almost the same thing a few times. Those along with his 65 GTO he got rid of in the early 70s .
Told him he could of retired a couple years sooner. Got to ride around beach combing , hunting and running trap lines in the 68. Never got to drive that one.
72 was my first rig. You probably remember what I did to that one :( . Hardly got to drive the 77 . Moved out year he bought that one. Kenny got some drive time in on that one. Been collecting them up for a few years now. Bought dad a 71 a couple years ago. Blue with white flares. You might see it running around PC if you keep your eyes open.

crab

Bronco Guru
Hows it going R. . How you holding up? Yes I have told him almost the same thing a few times. Those along with his 65 GTO he got rid of in the early 70s .
Told him he could of retired a couple years sooner. Got to ride around beach combing , hunting and running trap lines in the 68. Never got to drive that one.
72 was my first rig. You probably remember what I did to that one :( . Hardly got to drive the 77 . Moved out year he bought that one. Kenny got some drive time in on that one. Been collecting them up for a few years now. Bought dad a 71 a couple years ago. Blue with white flares. You might see it running around PC if you keep your eyes open.

ha ha....I remember the '72, but the '88 ranger is more vivid ;) Im a little nervous that you now own a few early broncos and concerned for their well being.... :) Be nice to them!
I'm hanging in there. My biggest problem is dealing with people that complain about petty things and wondering if today will be my last while acting like nothing is wrong. Tequila seems to be the cure all :)
Anyway......welcome to the forum. These guys will answer any question you can dream up. I've made a lot of friends here and met many of them in person, some of which have passed on. Good luck with the builds. I need to stop by and see what your working on!

Last edited:

bam

Contributor
Loc.
Laurel, Ms
my 77.......
ordered 5/26/77
bucked 7/677
built 7/7/77
sold 7/29/77

Attachments

• raven black bronco.pdf
    220.2 KB · Views: 31

Jimboss77

Contributor
Loc.
Greenville
Well as if I can’t find enough ways to spend money on my Bronco I stumbled on this thread and found yet another. %) Just ordered a Marti report for my 77, whoever started this post should ask for commission from Marti....I’m sure business will pick up for them:) Anyway mine is a 77 that was originally red but PO started resto and its now silver. I’m sure y’all could tell me the build date, sn Y41748, but think it will be cool to know how it left the factory.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Well as if I can’t find enough ways to spend money on my Bronco I stumbled on this thread and found yet another. %) Just ordered a Marti report for my 77, whoever started this post should ask for commission from Marti....I’m sure business will pick up for them:) Anyway mine is a 77 that was originally red but PO started resto and its now silver. I’m sure y’all could tell me the build date, sn Y41748, but think it will be cool to know how it left the factory.

Early April 77 build :)

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
I owned U15GLZ00077, A Raven Black '77 Ranger with Saddle houndstooth. It was rough, but had a good frame and matching title. Sold it cheap. That was a couple of years ago. I bought it out of East Tennessee.
I wonder if a dealer bought at the last "group" from Ford since it was late in the model year and the new '78's were about to in?

fordfan

Bronco Guru
I owned U15GLZ00077, A Raven Black '77 Ranger with Saddle houndstooth. It was rough, but had a good frame and matching title. Sold it cheap. That was a couple of years ago. I bought it out of East Tennessee.
I wonder if a dealer bought at the last "group" from Ford since it was late in the model year and the new '78's were about to in?

I remember it Chris. It would have a looker with a 50K restoration! Thought about it myself......?:??:??:?

Twas a cool VIN!