• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Who sells the best Lift Off Hinges

airman

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have th WC Hinges and I was eventually going to ask for tricks on how to align them so they will lift off. Another thing to keep in mind is the door strap. The velcro straps did not work worth a crap the way my rollbar was installed.

marks bronco

Loc.
Pinellas Park,Fla.
Ok Im not a expert and I didnt do this to my doors but they came this way on my 68 and I asked a lot of question about them. The inside door strap holder on the kick panel was donated by a jeep and the door hinges are homemade lift off. he simply got a hinge rebuild kit,drilled out the hinges to the larger pin size, pressed the pin into the hinge and hrilled the middle slightly larger and pressed in a larger brass bushing he bought at a nut and bolt supply store to help the hinge move a little with ease. Then he cut the top of the hinge off and drilled a small hole in the bottom through the hinge and pin and put a small roll pin in to ensure it wont drop out even though it was pressed and fit tight. thats all he did and the home made half hinge lift off is working fine and currently used as a daily driver witha lot of door opening and closeing, yep no problems.

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Maybe I should have a few less beers in me when I am trying to get my doors on and off then.

As for engineers, I am the lowly technician that works for them and tells them (on a regular basis) that there paper design is crap and here is a more effective (and usually simpler) way of doing it that works in the real world.

HAHAHA ;D , being in the construction field for over a decade , I can't agree more. Nothing like a pompous colege grad telling you to ignore things like gravity , because the print didn't fall off the table when he drew it.

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Ringwood, NJ
I have wild childs and they work pretty well, but the steel is a little thinner than stock. If thats important to you, then look at some other hinges