• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Who should I have rebuild my steering box?

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
I tried to use Lee for a job once and after 2 weeks or the run arounds, I cancelled my order and will never give them another chance as I gave them 3 chances during that 2 week period. I took my business to PSC that week and have since had 2 friends use PSC. All three of us have been extremely happy with PSC.

My69Pony

Did it myself and it works great no leaks....cant believe i thought about sending it off $$ to someone else

I'm currently looking into rebuilds myself, I do most of my own stuff. How difficult was the rebuild? Any advise if I take on the rebuild myself?
Brian

70HalfCab

Loc.
Mandeville, LA
Another happy customer of PSC. They rebuilt and reduced the ratio from 6-1 to 4-1 for me. Great price and had it back at my door in 7 days.

mavman427

Loc.
Nipomo, CA
I rebuilt my stock PS box myself. My box does work, but it's not right. It makes some strange noises, doesn't respond quite right, etc. If I could do it again, I wouldn't even attempt it. In fact, I'm either going to send it out to have it rebuilt by a pro or will just buy a new one as I want my steering to be perfect. It isn't worth dying over a few hundred bucks.

Rebuilding that box was probably the hardest thing I've ever done, mechanically anyway. It requires a couple of special tools and the ball bearings are an absolute nightmare to get in place correctly. I'm not even 100% sure they're in correctly now. For all I know, I could have a ball bearing bouncing around inside of the box destroying it like somebody mentioned earlier in this thread. Getting the teflon seals in place is also another adventure...took me (2) rebuild kits to finally get them on and get the piston in without messing them up.