• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Who's Bronco is this??

rsharpnm

Loc.
Las Cruces
Ahhh, that Bronco is looking a lot better these days;D

I am happy he finally found the good sense to cut those ridiculous pieces of metal that covered the rear tires off:-X

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Interesting progression. Like all of the different ones, but have been looking for direction for my uncut 70 and think this confirms it. ;)

prosys1

Loc.
Victorville, CA
You guys & this forum are great.
You accept everyone.
I'm a former Cruiserhead and I went onto IH8MUD to find who might have my old Cruiser. When I posted the question and a picture, they all reamed me a new %$&hole........whereas you guys were helpful to this OP.
I guess I came to the right place........

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Thanks for the progressive pics bigjhoov. Cool to see how the years marched on and the wheeling got better with that rig.

OP
OP
Blue71

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
As stated before by the owner on the other thread it from an '84 Bronco.The color looks like #3048 Wedgewood Blue possibly What ya guys think?

Blue71

blue67

Thanks Big Hoov for progress/evolution pic's to the revisited thread. Yes, sad but true the 67' will never see it's old skin again. As for it's life I was on track to keep it the way beach shot looked, but when I went to tear it down for full restoration I found out that previous owner had put some fabulous lipstick on it. It was a bond & Fiberglas queen. They had some awesome talent in being able stack bondo 1 plus inches thick and Fiberglas in floorboards and rear bed corners. With it stripped down for it's restoration it looked like some had used the tailgate and rear of it as rear end digger. The tailgate alone had at least full gallon bond laid down it to float out the look of a tailgate, the quarters were so thick that I used rope wheel remove the bond and when I finally got down to metal the shop looked like I dumped about 200 lbs. of four in it. I then made the decision go creative do the things that I did to it since it was not be in the shape/condition that it would need to be to be worth much. I now own second one that will be like one in old photo because it is in fantastic shape with no rust, all primal parts and had never had it's top off. I currently have a half cab on it and will bring back the days of old with it when I tear it down for it's restoration. Even uncut. And for those that think that I don't that don't love bronco's just ask my wife or swing to see shrine to the Early Bronco. My daughter has already made claim to my 73' and has the fever for the EB's ever since her first ride amost 7 years ago. Rest assured there will be another one like the first one you all keep pulling up rolling again.

John Monroe
Dos Bronco's
San Antonio, Tejas

fordfan

Bronco Guru
Hey Blue67,
Thanks for settling the minds on the rape of the 67 Sport. It doesn't sound it was the kind of "virgin" that it appeared and that makes it different on building the kind of rig that you did. The beach "Glamour Shot" made it look WOW - HOT!

blue67

Thanks. But think of that picture like this. Before the digital age of photo's it all looked good,then the pixels in the high def showed it's true colors with every blemish. It had a lot of facial pot marks had a 15 pixel camera would taken that same picture today. When I bought it I was not and did not have the knowledge that I have today,but I did get lucky in picking up that year and getting all the goodies and options that never were offered again. I have kept the dash, special trim pieces and doors unmolested if that matters to anyone. Believe me I would of loved it if the coin was flipped and it had been in better shape.

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I don't see why you have to explain yourself. Your being too nice.

Eugene

dead road

Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Hey Blue67, we all (maybe not all) breathed a sigh of relief. I would guess there were alot of strong reactions to the later pictures because there was definately a strong reaction to the first picture. Alot of people would love to own a bronco that was on as many peoples favorite of all time Broncos list as yours.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Blue67,

Do you happen to have the lift and tire size from the vintage of the first picture?

blue67

3 1/2" duff kit lift, doubled up Duff shocks shocks wizth their add-a-leaf. Worst ride til I got "learned" about suspension (even for a uncut). Tires were 33/9.50's on stocker rims (pizza cutter's). It's too bad that BFG doesn't make'm anymore. What was nice was the second set up w/ Bilstein's, national 3 1/2 rear leaf's, Duff's coils and the rear pulled back to 97". That rode nice.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Glad to hear "The Rest of the Story" as Paul Harvey used to say. Now I know where and why and yes, the old adage of "putty primer and paint will make it what it aint" I guess came shining through on that one. Glad to see you have another..... so post some pics! WE like pictures...LOL ;D

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
Hey Blue67,

I hold you (and those beach shots) personally responsible for my bronco/lubr addiction. My wife thanks you ;D