• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Why do you love your Bronco?

SoCal68Bronco

Loc.
San Diego, CA.
Because the Bronco has been in the family since it was new. I am rebuilding it from scratch. When I am done, I will be able to say "I built this"

And because Broncos are one of the coolest, badass, go anywhere, chicks dig'em classics out there!

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
my 72 Sport was my first car... and I never should have sold it. I loved it for it's power, uniqueness, the rumble from the engine, the simplicity and it's versatility. My 68 is going to be everything that I wanted in a vehicle: old school style and panache, power, comfort, easy to fix, and all the comforts of a modern car/truck without all the emissions, vacuum lines and PITA crap that I wouldn't even want to attempt to fix.

After taking mine down to nothing... I know every bolt, screw, weld, spring, etc.... and that's peace of mind in my book.

I say this because truthfully... there is no car currently available that even remotely thrills me. They are all pieces of junk and poorly made. Things aren't built to last... no current vehicle driven by the average Joe will be around in 40 years like my Bronco. IF they could come up with a vehicle like the Bronco... I'd buy it in a heartbeat... but I know that will never happen.

All of my vehicles had personality... Thunderbird, 2dr S-10 Blazer, Avalanche, Bronco... but all the newer cars look the same... just a few tweeks to the flow and shape and a different emblem. No joy there....

HavaBronco

Loc.
Lake Havasu City
I grew up around Broncos, all my dads friends had em including 1 Stroppe Baja Bronco, back before I knew what that meant. We were always the odd man out wiht our 72 F100 short bed 4x4. Don't get me wrong I loved that truck but always wanted a bronco. Love every thing about my 73! One of my friends kid told "wow you are cool to be driving that old bronco" I told him I was always cool, it just took me getting a cool ride for him to notice.;D
Chuck

Bronc76

My dad bought my bronco when I was a kid I always loved going out in it. Then when I got my license I bought it off him. I have so many crazy memories from highschool in it. ;D Every time I get in, the smell brings me back. Plus it just looks badass! Almost everytime I pump gas (or spill gas all over the ground %) ) someone comes over to talk about it, and I always get thumbs up when cruising around. Plus the ladies love the top down haha.
Same exact story here.

rhinobuggie

I love piss'n off the heep guy's when i go over something they can't . and bess of all is when A person say's nice heep and my 6 year old son come's back with "It's not a heep it's a BRONCO don't you know that !!"

4G5

Loc.
Newport News,VA
Same exact story here.

Here's a third on that. When I turned 16 I gave dad $1350 for his and then turned around and bought my grandfathers. My wife wants me to get rid of one of them but they have both been in the family since 73'. I CAN'T DO THAT!

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
Always wanted one, mainly do to the fact I have a cousin that's owned his since 74, (highly modified) and I always sorta looked up to him. Dad, being a part time used car dealer, purchased a loooong list of vehicles that I used over the years in high school and collage. Some of my favorites, 69' Camaro SS conv. and a 63 vette conv. which I restored frame off. However, none compare to the Bronce he purchased for me as a gift from an estate 20years ago. Little did we know then, that Alzhiemer's would claim his mind.

Alot to fix on this truck, which the original gray hair lady owned and drove to "church and back". In her hand writting, she fessed up on some receipts she didn't understand why the insurance company never "total'd" the vehicle ( I said a lot to fix). However, new engine, new body panels, new suspension, PoR-15'd bottomside, primer'd all up, she's almost ready for the spray booth.

I'll never sell the truck. Not sure what the boy will do with the thing, but, for my part... it will stay with me to the bitter end.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
My ex-wife hated it because it was too old, uncomfortable and lacked AC. Even though I had it before I met her, she told me either it goes or she goes. I think I made the right decision. Now it takes all my spare money and always demands my attention. Damn, it's just like being married. This one's a life-long commitment though.

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
Because nothing else even comes close! If your gonna have a hot car, it's gotta be a Mustang, if you wanna offroad, it's gotta be a Bronco. Nothing to do with horses, just that Ford made some cool stuff in the 60's, and the Mustang and Bronco are the top. Chevy sucks, Dodge sucks worse, and they are both better than imports.

irish

Loc.
Grayson, Georgia
When i first saw Smokie and the Bandit it was'nt the TA i wanted it was the topless Bronco, could'nt find one in Ireland so USA bound i was (that was after marrying a Georgia peach), built 2 72 Mach 1 and a Cheby Nova sold all 3 within 6 months of completion. Finaly got a 72 Bronco and it gives me more enjoyment than any project. This is a keeper.

redneck0372

Loc.
Lebanon,OR
because my first rig was a 69 that my father still owns and because my father got me my 67 as a high school grad gift

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Well, mine was my Dad's for over 15 years. He got it a few months after I was born, and I got it last year. It has sentimental value, plus it's drop dead gorgeous! :cool: ;D

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Because my girlfriends and I can ride around in bikinis and all the guys know it 's waaaaaay cooler than a a jeep

You can't say something like that unless you back it up with pictures.%)