• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wid horses view finder winshield

John Marinan

Contributor
Loc.
Durango CO.
I have an installed viewfinder windshield. I'm trying to find out how to make the wipers intermittent, Have any of you done this? I called WH but the salesman did not know anything about it. Thanks

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Guess I'm in the same boat of not knowing with 100% certainty Johnny, but I would think that since it's an electric wiper, one of the usual methods of converting to intermittent would work?

Namely, either one of the switches with the build in circuitry for that function, or one of the tried-and-true old Ford modules connected to it's matching switch. The most common ones used were from the late seventies trucks, but I would imagine that later ones would work too, if the connections were the same. Or you could modify one to work even then too I would think.

Just don't know I guess. Hopefully someone will chime in with their experience with this. Meanwhile subscribing and back to the top.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
We do. The reason I mentioned it only vaguely though was because I can't remember just exactly what wiper setup the Viewfinder comes with, and whether or not switches were plug-n-play or the wiring would need modifications.

I just wanted to bring up the possible options, including old factory stuff, so that John knew he might have choices.

Paul

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
We do. The reason I mentioned it only vaguely though was because I can't remember just exactly what wiper setup the Viewfinder comes with, and whether or not switches were plug-n-play or the wiring would need modifications.

I just wanted to bring up the possible options, including old factory stuff, so that John knew he might have choices.

Paul

Aww.....
True, true,

The view finders wiper motor is a completely different animal than stock.

Paul is the voice of reason/knowledge.....again.....

OP
OP
J

John Marinan

Contributor
Loc.
Durango CO.

Paul

I called and spoke with James and he said your switch would only work with dual motors. The motor I used in the windshield frame came with the kit, I think it's from an S10 or something similar.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I called and spoke with James and he said your switch would only work with dual motors. The motor I used in the windshield frame came with the kit, I think it's from an S10 or something similar.

I think it is from a Geo Tracker

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
You can use aftermarket intermittent switch designed for single motor. Or find the old 78/79 wiper switch that can be used for converting EB switches to intermittent.

I've attached an old sheet that shows what to do once you have the switch. This applies if you have original EB switch in place now.

Hope that helps

Jim

Attachments

• 6326.pdf
    335.8 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
J

John Marinan

Contributor
Loc.
Durango CO.
Since the motor is controlled by the 2 speed switch now, it seems like it work fine with the 78/79 switch. I'll give it a try. thanks for the help I appreciate it.