• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Width between rear fender wells

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
40" give or take half an inch or so. Note: This is the measurement as I recall it before I widened mine so someone else may want to get an exact figure. I added 4" to each side though and am at 48" now so it has to be close.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
About 40.5" between the wheelwells on my '77.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
FASTERDAMITT said:
Can you cut back the wheel wells on a stock axle width to give more wider seating room?
You could get by with a couple inches but to get anything more the backspacing will need to be changed. I run stock width axles but my wheel backspacing is only 2 1/2" which gets the tires 1 1/2" or so out further on the inside than standard backspacing. This gets enough width to widen them 4" inside on each side allowing me to run a third row suburban seat which fits 3 small adults comfortably as long as they don't mind getting cozy. I do rub the wheel wells on the inside with my tires now (polishes the side where they rub) but it does not effect articulation.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
FASTERDAMITT said:
What lift and size tires do you run?
5 1/2" suspension plus 3" of body lift. 37 x 12.50 x 15 Iroks. This picture shows the area where it rubs the tire on the inside.

Attachments

• Captain02.jpg
    Captain02.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 45