• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wild Horse headers with bcb Exhaust

cbfomoco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WV
I will be installing headers and exhaust on my bronco at some point in the future. I have really narrowed it down that I want shorty style headers and am debating between wild horses, bcb, and bronco hut. I will likely go ahead and get coated headers to be done with it and to lower temps. I really like the idea of bolt on exhaust to fit the headers and bronco. In my reading I have found that bcb and wild horses uses the same builder (JBA) for there headers. With all that said I have ran across a post or two about people using Wild Horse headers with bcb 2 into 1 exhaust kit. Can anyone confirm this? Were there any modifications to either that had to be done? If the Wild Horse headers really do work with the BCB 2 into 1 kit this is likely the way that I will go. Makes a nice package deal and a little cheaper than bcb headers and exhaust combo. Thanks pictures are a plus too.

SHX669

Bronco Guru
Well it worked for me -Whs shorties and BCBs 2 into 1 exhaust . The exhaust pipe is a little close to the side of the TC so i wraped it in "header wrap " at that location.
I went with the "exhaust kit " and din't weld the joint so i could remove sections if need to work on tranny or TC.

76YETI

Contributor
Loc.
KC METRO
Does it sound good? Also, looking at the BC pics of the exhaust the exhaust pipe looks about equal distance between the tranny and transfer case is yours closer?

SHX669

Bronco Guru
It looks like they've redesigned their exhaust since i installed mine - unless I moved some of the pieces around. My pipe crosses over behind the TC.
Yes it sounds good - but is loud - for me anyway . My son doesn't think so though.