• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wildhorses Viewfinder Windshield parts

UGA

Looking for anyone that has parts for the Viewfinder windshield that used to be offered by Wildhorses. It’s the aluminum framed windshield with the wipers moved to the bottom. I am missing a wiper pivot shaft. If anyone has a line on one please let me know.

76YETI

Contributor
Loc.
KC METRO
Sorry to hijack...But, this would be an ideal time for Wildhorses to produce the Viewfinder windshield again!!!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I just replied to your other thread in the CHAT section.

But I agree with yeti!
We should definitely start making them. But out of regular old galvanized steel this time I think.
No reason to do stainless anymore, with the way people take care of their Broncos these days.
A lot of windshield frames were desired back in the day made of stainless because of the almost ubiquitous rust issue that people had in some areas. But I just don’t see that being a problem these days.
And if you make a good one, out of mild steel, then have it galvanized, or cad plated, or zinc dipped, or whatever you wanna call it. I don’t see how they wouldn’t last the life of the vehicle after that.

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
We should definitely start making them. But out of regular old galvanized steel this time I think.
Not so sure.....it seems that every part available for our trucks need some sort of mod/massaging to get to fit right. I won't weld on galv steel.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It's a point, but maybe there's a less obnoxious coating that could be utilized? Still get the protection all over and inside, but without the potential off-gassing that goes with galvanizing.
Then again, sometimes it's as simple as using good ventilation to stay out of the danger zone. Especially if the welding is something minimal.

Paul

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
True....I run the stainless frame that I got from Tom's years back before they doubled in price. I did have to move one locking bracket over a touch (not a big deal). Never painted it but I've been thinking about polishing it out just to see what that would look like.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think it would look pretty cool actually. In a mildly blingy sort of way I suppose.
Like the old-school front grille chroming we used to do. Not overpowering, but not something that everyone will like.

I always thought painting would be normal, but now that you mention polishing, I think that would look interesting.
Certainly be a conversation starter!

paul