• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Will 351w headers fit a 5.0?

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have a 5.0 with GT40 heads (NOT the "P" heads). Will headers off a 351 w fit and function?%)

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What headers are they? What chassis were they made for originally? Reason I ask is that they need to be made for an Early Bronco or you're going to have headaches with clutch linkage on the driver's side and frame and/or firewall clearance on the passenger.
Like he said though, basically the heads are the same bolt pattern and similar, if not exactly, the same port size. So you're good to go there. Just be sure they're rated to fit in your chassis first, and with a lower height than they were originally designed for too. Since the 302 is shorter than the 351 they were slated for, that lower height might make a difference too.

Just curious, are they shorties or longies? Bronco or other?

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Oh, and rapt0r, now'd the latest move go? You in the other "Ok" now?

Paul

OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
They are shorties and the brand is S+S. They are for sale in the PARTS forum.

OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Any information would be very much appreciated! Thanks in advance! ;D

psjoyal

Loc.
Boise, Idaho
Ask the guy who's selling them if he tried them. By the looks, I don't think they'd clear clutch linkage, but might work with an A/T.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Got a link to the description? Nevermind, found it I think. These are the block-huggers you're talking about then? That little tidbit of info would definitely help when you're asking questions in the future. There's enough difference in the styles to make note of. They may in essence be "shorties" by look, but block-huggers are a category all their own because they're typically made for generic/custom chassis configurations. Whereas most shorties are made to fit into the stock locations of a specific chassis/engine combination.

They look like a nice set for a very nice price. If they fit, you're golden.
Let us know what he says though. Like psjoyal said, they look like they might interfere on the driver's side. And sure look to be super close to the motor mount on the passenger side too, but since all the Windsors used the same motor-mount location, I would think that would have been taken into account by the manufacturer and are probably ok.
I'm very curious to hear what he says.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welcome home buddy!
Even if it's only temporarily permanent.

Paul