• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Will a new WH stock height lift get close to Big Oly's stance or am I outta my mind?

skrit

Contributor
A Horse with No Name
Loc.
Durham
I'm in the middle of a frame off and am about to start on my axles and suspension for the rolling chassis. My original rig had an older 2-2.5" lift (I think). I have 33x10.5x15's and cut fenders. At the time - I liked the lifted look but now I'm reconsidering since I'm not building a trail rig. I would say it will be 90% street with the occasional off road adventure.

WH had a video showing 33's on a stock height with cut fenders and I liked the stance.
I really want more of a Big Oly stance (squatty with big tires) but I know it's not really possible considering Oly was a custom one-off. I'd like to get close though which is why I'm now considering a stock height suspension with my existing tires.

1723943796010.png

Here is a rough photoshop of Big Oly with the standard body dimensions of an EB and I tried to show it at stock height. To the right is a photoshop I did of an EB with a 2.5" lift using a a color scheme I made up for comparison. I like the slight forward rake of Big Oly too.
1723944879160.png

I have a Wild Horses System 3 Stock height (Bilstein 5100's) in my cart right now...should I pull the trigger? Will I have regrets? BTW, I will not be using the steel hardtop, will not have a full sized spare tire in the back and no family cage. Just a 23 gal fuel tank and sport cage like the example at the bottom. Since I'm doing an Explorer swap, I'll be adding a 1" BL.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
It won’t be that low but closer. To really get there you would need to channel the body like James Duff did with his Pony Express decades ago. I have no lift with 37’s if it had stock rockers it would look about 4” lower, looks tall also due to the bumper being raised up to the bottom of the headlights. IMG_2159.jpeg

Here’s stock rear springs with 1-1/2” coils in the front and 35’s. Belongs to TX SS here on CB. He basically just cut out for gorilla flares from Wild Horses and they fit. Neither truck is a body lift.

1723948834513.jpeg