• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Window tint removal

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Does that film tint just peal off (nicely)? I can't see anything out of this limo tint!

Attachments

• bt2.JPG
    bt2.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 25
  • bt1.JPG
    bt1.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 18

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Soapy water and a razor blade is about the best way to take it off. Goo be gone may work pretty good as well, but will make a mess.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:D :D :D Take it to a windo tint shop and have them remove it. The last time I had to do that was 10.00 to remove (wife got a tickit) and I think it was 35.00 to put back on after inspection. Dont go to fontana ca.;D ;D ;D Bill %) :cool: ;D

Baja71

Bronco Guru
Get inside and spray the window down with windex or something..really soak it...Tape a solid black trash bag to the inside, tight against the windows, and let it sit in the hot, direct sun with the windows rolled up. Then just peel it off. Make sure it's nice and hot. The trash bag will keep in the moisture and help attract heat. :cool:

OP
OP
Mono

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for all the input. I was backing out of the garage last night, not even able to see the glow from the tail lights or the garage light through those black windows..... they gota go!

I like the paying someone idea ;D.

76 bronco J

Bronco Guru
Thanks for all the input. I was backing out of the garage last night, not even able to see the glow from the tail lights or the garage light through those black windows..... they gota go!

I like the paying someone idea ;D.

,,,I had that problem after I tinted the windows myself with 5% in the back area,which is even slightly darker than the 7% offered by the shops these days...I went overboard with increasing the lights for the side & rear,but small 50w lights in the bumper area will give you the same effect for backing up.....I value the dark tint for the sun & hiding all my stuff somewhat way too much to do without,,,, for removing I just peel the main section of tint off then remove the remaining adhesive residue & tint with windex,alcohol & razor blades

Attachments

• P5111389-small.JPG
    P5111389-small.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 25
  • P5111394.JPG
    P5111394.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 21

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I don't like the dark tint either ..I pealed my with a razor blade ...and 3M makes and adheisive remover one for the plastic and another for the glue left behind ...
but you can get it off......

76bogger

Loc.
New Carlisle, IN
,,,I had that problem after I tinted the windows myself with 5% in the back area,which is even slightly darker than the 7% offered by the shops these days...I went overboard with increasing the lights for the side & rear,but small 50w lights in the bumper area will give you the same effect for backing up.....I value the dark tint for the sun & hiding all my stuff somewhat way too much to do without,,,, for removing I just peel the main section of tint off then remove the remaining adhesive residue & tint with windex,alcohol & razor blades

Where did you get the top rack on your truck

76 bronco J

Bronco Guru
Where did you get the top rack on your truck

,,,, I had the yakima steel head bike mounts from a previous vehicle through a mail order purchase ,so for the bronco I purchased the rain gutter towers & the bars to match at the local Sun&Ski store during a 20% off spring sale .... anyway there just the regular yakima 1A raingutter towers with their bars as mentioned in the other thread & found many places ,,, also I tried them with the extended rain gutter towers supposedly for dome roofs & they were way too tall..................