• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Remove window Tint

1971lubr

Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
Whatever you use, don't wipe, scrape with a razor blade. Wiping will just smear the adhesive and make a bigger mess. Soak the adhesive with whatever you choose, wd40, goo gone, rapid remover, etc, then scrape the adhesive "snot" off the glass to remove most of it before wiping.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
The good thing about using rubbing alcohol is
#1) There is no odor when your done.

#2) If you cut yourself with the razor blade you will know "immediately" (haha) with rubbing alcohol all over your hands; of course the cut is immediately disinfected.

#3) Rubbing alcohol dries very quickly and will do a better job of prepping the window for tint than anything else, leaving no residue and no streaks.

I am cheap and always did my own tinting when I was young. This turned into tinting all of my Buddies trucks too. I have done a whole bunch of it but as I have said here before some of my knowledge is old and possibly outdated. But I know this will work Pa.

dave67fd

Bronco Guru
I have always had good luck with warming the material (heat gun or blow dryer) and razor scraper then using alcohol based hand sanitizer or straight 99% alcohol. The sanitizer keeps the alcohol in a gel state so it doesn't evaporate as quickly. If you use a heat gun make sure you move it around alot and keep at a safe distance.

chriskent85

I own a tint shop and if you are scraping the glue off then you should only use warm soapy water. if you use any chemical it makes a huge mess and the glue will stick to everything

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
I own a tint shop and if you are scraping the glue off then you should only use warm soapy water. if you use any chemical it makes a huge mess and the glue will stick to everything

Yup, nothing else needed. Seen it with my own two eyes. I sat in on the process so I could see it done. I was shocked at how easy it came off......Dish soap and water......

Tim