• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

window tint......yes or no???

Laker

I've been debating tinting the windows on the rig for a little while now,and funny thing.......the other day someone referred to my bronco as a pope mobile!!!!!! Cuz the large clear windows all around.
So tint or not,that is the question. What have you done? Pics too would be cool.
Thanks

Dan74Bronc

Loc.
Chandler, Az
I've been debating tinting the windows on the rig for a little while now,and funny thing.......the other day someone referred to my bronco as a pope mobile!!!!!! Cuz the large clear windows all around.
So tint or not,that is the question. What have you done? Pics too would be cool.
Thanks

I tinted mine. I bought a roll of tint at the auto parts store and tinted them myself 12 years ago. It's not that hard, all the windows are nice and flat, no curves to mess with..
Here in the Southwest tint is a must, where you are, well...not so much.

Broncboozled

Loc.
Nor Cal
attachment.php

attachment.php
Thanks

All my windows have been tinted by the PO even the windshield.

Attachments

• bronco 062.jpg
    bronco 062.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 270
  • bronco 064.jpg
    bronco 064.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 262

fatboy4211

Loc.
Ennis, TX
:cool: yup i agree on the tint in the southwest. it also keeps some prying eyes from seeing some of your treasures in the back. slows down the fade of interior. helps with cooling since i have ac.
it was the first thing i did since i felt like a goldfish.

Last edited:

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
I'm a tint fan,I even tinted over the factory tint on my wifes Pilot. Had a next door neighbor that did it for a living,only had to drive it 100 ft.

Attachments

• CIMG0200.jpg
    CIMG0200.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 52
  • CIMG0076.JPG
    CIMG0076.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
OP
OP
Laker

Laker

Beeeuuutiful trucks there.WOW!! I can see why you guys need tint there,wished I had the same problem here......1' of fresh snow yesterday!! Is there any homes for sale in Arizona????LOL
The tint looks real good with the fresh color paint jobs for sure. My truck is still the original pinto yellow and is still in great condition so will not be painting any time soon, so tinting will give it just a little different look,as well as offering a small uv help. And for sure should be easy to diy as the windows are all flat and square.
Thanks guys

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
For the DIY'ers, are there many different brands of tint film a guy could use? Are there any differences in brand quality or some to avoid?

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Yes Tint!!:cool::cool::cool: I tinted my first 77 Bronco in 1979, and 2 out of three others EBs I've owned. And it will be the first mod I do on the next one I aquire. In the early years the tint film was only available at the tint shops. So I purchased the film from them. Later the film you get at any auto parts store or home improvement center work just as well. The EB has got to be one of the easiest vehicle to do.;:):) Nice flat windows all around. Clean the glass very well and take your time!!!! Easy Peezy;D;D;D

Heres a couple pic's.

Attachments

• 1-13-2010 7;54;14 PM.jpg
    1-13-2010 7;54;14 PM.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 1-13-2010 7;50;29 PM.jpg
    1-13-2010 7;50;29 PM.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 1-13-2010 7;47;48 PM.jpg
    1-13-2010 7;47;48 PM.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 31

Slowpony

Purdy rigs

These rigs all look too nice to be wheeled much, but if you do wheel, and at night, tinted windows don't help at all.... just saying

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm thinking about installing the sliding side window which come pre-tinted, so I would likely tint the rear window to match. I am not too excited to do the door glass as I don't like the limited visibility in the dark.

mrborders

Laker,
tint them windows!
20% looks good,isn't too dark,and blocks plenty of heat
don't tint the front windsheild,i didnt learn my lesson until the fourth ticket

Attachments

• DSCN3435.jpg
    DSCN3435.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCN2367.jpg
    DSCN2367.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 59